Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Removed/locked threads

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Occasionally threads will get locked and removed for breaking rules/heavy drama/etc.

here is my thinking process

1. is this thread blatantly breaking rules or flat out spam?
if so, delete it permanently (no recycling bin)

2. is not quite as bad as listed in step 1, possibly has lots of drama?
if so, ask others in thread if it should be locked

...give ppl time to see it was locked so they can let me know if they want it unlocked...

3. is this locked thread really necessary to keep?
if not, put it in the recycling bin, but if enough people suddenly want it back i can always restore it

4. should recylcing bin be emptied?
if stuff has been sitting there for a while and it appears no one wants it back i will empty it and permanently delete

its 1:19am here guys but i thought id post about my general thinking process about this.. so if my thoughts dont make sense 100% let me know as im pretty tired

happy to have the forum back up, speaking of which i will back it up once the attachments are back. 720 more mb to go

remember we are ideally here to talk about lasers and have fun!! :cool:

regards
-c0ldshadow

Rasel

makes sense imo.

Edit on #2:
If it is an issue with some outside thing (laser company, laser forum, person who misused lasers):
-allow/ask about locking

If it is an issue between certain members of the forum:
-Lock and edit everything out (PM original message to posting member with simple explanation?), inserting a message saying to deal with this matter privately
=>Reason: some incorrect statements may be made because of misunderstanding (bad because some members only read partial posts and they might see and remember only that incorrect thing). Also, this subject matter distracts people from actual LASER discussion that is beneficial to the forum.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
good call i think that makes sense

Rasel

You think.... pshh ;D <3

Maybe for both situations though, encourage the idea that the matter at hand be dealt with professionally... appropriate manner etc. (good learning opportunity since quite a few members are young ;D). IMO attempts to dodge the dirty language filters should be against the rules too.