Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Reflector question

Looking at the width of the emitter banks/strips and the alignment I wonder if the 4 reflectors at the bottom pass through from the back side but reflect on the front side ?

I assume all 4 emitter strips are of the same wavelength.

If so I would like this " one way " coating for 440-450nm, anyone know if such a thing exists ? I know a PBS cube achieves pass/reflect with polarization but how to get 4 in a row ?

Every reflector appears to mount at the same position ( left-right ) so it doesn't appear to be a ( left-right ) knife edging arrangement, it looks like one way reflectors, anyone want to educate me here ?

Could each emitter bank/strip be slightly higher than the last and the reflectors be ar coated glass with reflective strips in effect knife edging in 4 rows top to bottom ?

Maybe each reflector is slightly shorter to match the different height of each emitter strip thus knife edging off the top edge of each reflector...............yep, was hoping for some magic one way coating here for same wavelength combining but probably not.........

Screenshot_2020-06-20 Trying out high power IR diodes - Page 3(1).png

Yep, same as always, just wishful thinking.
Screenshot_2020-06-20 Trying out high power IR diodes - Page 3.png

Last edited:

What the hell is that? Are the wavelengths of those laser diodes each different enough to allow dichroic reflectors to pass-reflect each output into a coaxial combined beam?

I'm pretty sure each emitter string is slightly higher ( physically mounted higher ) than the last and each mirror is slightly taller or shorter depending on which way you are looking at it so the rows are stacked, knife edged at the top of each reflector, I just had a thought that maybe it was something special/new when I looked at it but it was likely wishful thinking.

To reiterate the emitter on the right is the highest and it's mirror is the tallest ( far left the shortest ) so each string is stacked on top of the next.