Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Red Laser newbie

pnrule

Hi, I recently purchased a 15mW Infiniti laser from TechLasers, which, after reading on this forum, I'm lucky I received it without any problems. I read quite a bit, and I'm glad I found this forum instead of *shutter* LC; Although I cant seem to find a FAQ on building a laser and would like to build a red and/or blue laser. My budget is ~$100 ea., give or take twenty bucks. How should I go about doing this? I have some experience in simple electronics, but my dad is a electrical genius ;D so if it gets tricky I have his help. As far as laser's go, I've only done as much as disassembling a cheap-o Pet-Co 1mW red and powering it with a 9v.

Try the search button, it usually works well! ::)

The DIY lasers are in the experiments and modifications sections, PLENTY of info there about the subject, and you can definately build a good red laser for that much money.

Good Luck and welcome to the forums

-Dough

in the experiments and mods section, check out daedal's driver. that is the easiest to build, least expensive, and most universal way to build a laser. if you want to build a red laser, get one of senkat's GB diodes from sales.stonetek.org. if you want a blue laser, get a blu ray laser from daedal. that should be in the group buy section. i just finished my first homemade laser using ddl's circuit and a senkat diode, and i have no electronic experience whatsoever! it pops balloons and burns like crazy. if i can do it, you can do it! ;D

pnrule

Wow, fast replies! Thanks! Yeah I found the driver topic, but I couldn't seem to find where to buy a diode. Thanks! I think I'll wait on blue.