Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Red laser for a shotgun.... new to lasers

kimo

The green guys sent me over here because these are more durable than the greens, so they say.

I would like to mount a fairly powerful red laser on my shotgun. I know there are various kinds out there from $20 up to $1000.

I am new to lasers. What would a powerful (as interpreted as easy to see) yet durable laser be?

First off how do you plan to mount it?? I shoot clays competitively and know the kick of a 12 guage might be enough to move the crystal or basically break the laser after a shot or two, so you're going to have to get one that is shock proof. Maybe if you tell us how you plan to mount it and what you want it for we would be able to better help.

Most people here, including me, think it's a rip off but you might want to get one of the red spyders from wickedlasers simply because they are shock proof i believe.
You also might be able to get someone on here maybe Senkat or pseduo to special make you one in a certain case that would attach well to a shotgun.

You might also be interested in Orion series at laserglow they are very powerful.

kimo

Mounting is really quite simple and various options are available. The most simple? double clamps sized for the magazine tube and whatever you want to mount (they come in different sizes).

Next, tri-rail mount gizmos which mount on the magazine tube and provide 3 surfaces to mount with picantinny or weaver type mounts, which can also be bought to hold objects from larger taclites to very small lasers.

I may also be using a knox spec ops stock... reduces felt recoil by from 50-70%.

Basically, the laser is a means for quick close quarters target acquisition in a home environment... possibly at night.

lazerlover said:
First off how do you plan to mount it?? I shoot clays competitively and know the kick of a 12 guage might be enough to move the crystal or basically break the laser after a shot or two, so you're going to have to get one that is shock proof. Maybe if you tell us how you plan to mount it and what you want it for we would be able to better help.

Most people here, including me, think it's a rip off but you might want to get one of the red spyders from wickedlasers simply because they are shock proof i believe.
You also might be able to get someone on here maybe Senkat or pseduo to special make you one in a certain case that would attach well to a shotgun.

You might also be interested in Orion series at laserglow they are very powerful.

you mean the pulsar right? they never sold any working red Spyders :-/ and yes that would probably work

Wha?!?!
Did some one here, the begest wicked bashing forum EVER just refer someone to Wicked?! :eek:
Jk.... :D