Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Red Diode GB... Maybe?

I made mention, a month or so ago,
r-p-m-c lasers has some HL6750MG diodes for sale. I think they're ~$40 each. Per an email, they have 16 in stock. I thought I'd stop in to see if any of you would be interested in these. OR, any other they list in stock on their sight.
If a few jumped in, it would help circumvent their exorbitant $30 shipping fee. I just emailed them back to see how many diodes they'd ship on one shipping ticket. I love red spectrum diodes. I've attached the pdf.
Lemme know.
SGD🥃

Attachments

• HL6750MG.pdf
    376.8 KB · Views: 26

I love the reds but 685nm @ 55mw is not very exciting, now some multi watt c-mounts or something single mode in the 638nm range with better divergence would be great, maybe a half watt single mode with decent divergence, that would get me excited, but thanks for the heads up all the same. 🍺

Encap

Was considering your mentioned 50mW 685nm diode and looked up relative brightness on the 2 relative visual brightness calculators I know of.
They both agree that by comparison a 650nm 50mW dot is 9.4 X brighter and beam is 11.5X brighter than than 50mW 685nm HL6750MG in your attached .pdf.--in addition a 50mW 635nm dot is 19X brighter and beam is 25X brighter.
See: https://docs.lambdawave.eu/tools/relative_brightness_calculator.html and
https://slickscreen.github.io/laser-tools/brightness/

As a reference 50mW 532nm is 191X brighter than 50mW 685nm

So even though a good find and an unusal single mode diode I have to pass.--is just not powerful/bright enough .
Thanks for mentioning it nevertheless.

Last edited:

gazer101

Yeah I love red as a wavelength but the beams are so darn dim

I'm interested in these 685 nm diodes. Even though it's not bright and the color isn't going to be unique, I'd like to have one for the novelty.
Wavelengths on the edge of the visible spectrum are pretty interesting in their own way, especially as a point of comparison.
50 mW is about right for me. The 15 mW module from Laserlands is just not exciting. At 50 mW, 685 should be about as bright as a typical 5 mW red laser pointer, and brigher than 100 mW 405.

If there is enough additional interest, I would buy one.