Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Reccomend me a laser

Hello, all. I'm going to be building a laser-guided yoga ball launcher.
For that, I plan on using a web camera and a monitor to help guide the user.
The laser's dot needs to be visible under good lighting (not outside), but must be less than 2mW, for safety.
Because we're using a camera, the laser can be IR if need be.
Divergence isn't an issue. Anything less than 20mrad will do nicely.
Duty cycle must be 6 hours+ with proper cooling.
Must weigh less than 2 lbs.
Target operating voltage has to be between 0 and 5.
I was thinking a 2mW 535, but i'm afraid that the IR leak will obstruct the camera's view.

A 5mW 650nm should work fine for your application. In a light room, it's still plenty visible and most of the lower powered 650nm diodes have virtually no duty cycle at all. Although it is a little more then what your are requesting(2mW) 5mW is still safe. Do take into account that laserbtb's "5mW" tend to be a few mW's stronger so maybe 8mW-10mW's which if being careful, is fine :)

LP 635nm 660nm 5-130

-Alex

A 5mW 650nm should work fine for your application. In a light room, it's still plenty visible and most of the lower powered 650nm diodes have virtually no duty cycle at all. Although it is a little more then what your are requesting(2mW) 5mW is still safe. Do take into account that laserbtb's "5mW" tend to be a few mW's stronger so maybe 8mW-10mW's which if being careful, is fine :)

LP 635nm 660nm 5-130

-Alex

Where do i get appropriate warning labels for this?