Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Reasonable theory?

Sure beats your previous "ancient piles of rock shooting beams of light into space." Yes, this is all widely accepted theory... except the last few minutes which is widely accepted hypothesis.

First day of cosmology 101, basically.

Cyparagon, thanks. The magic pyramid link I posted was the most wild ass "Woo-woo" BS I've ever seen, thought you might enjoy it with your critical slice and dice logic, it was ready made for chopping.

The above link seemed a bit woo-woo to me in regard to the possible depth of space, wanted to see if you would tear it apart or not. Their statements regarding the relative size of the observable universe to the theorized size of the complete universe, to have about the same ratio as the size of a single atom to the observable universe, invoked a solid woo from me.

What about this zero-point energy theory regarding the latent energy contained within an extremely small point of space I found in another anyone can claim anything video? It too sends me to woo:

...There is a trillion times the energy within the same amount of space taken by a single hydrogen atom than is contained within all of the physical matter of the observable universe alone.

If true, the energy contained within matter itself (without considering the space it takes) is near nothing, compared to the energy within what we had prior to considered nothing. Have you studied in this area? Seems worthy of awe to me, if true.

Last edited:
Their statements regarding the relative size of the observable universe to the theorized size of the complete universe, to have about the same ratio as the size of a single atom to the observable universe, invoked a solid woo from me.

They're saying the universe is very, very large, and we can only see a tiny part of it. Why is that, in any way, unbelievable?

What about this zero-point energy theory regarding the latent energy contained within an extremely small point of space I found in another.

I'm not sure what you're asking, specifically. It's been observed that particles and antiparticles pop into existence and then annihilate. This video explains it rather well.

The possible vastness of space far exceeded my previous mindset, just blew my mind it could be so huge, seemed too much. On the zero-point energy equations which indicate there is a trillion times more energy in the amount of empty space no larger than a single atom of hydrogen than in all of the matter in the observable universe is also an idea that blows my mind, it doesn't do so for you? It's awesome, if we could find a way to control just the most finite percentage of that energy, the skies the limit.