Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Really easy way to test for IR WITH VIMTO !!

diachi

I went out today and bought a big bottle of vimto, and when I brought it home I thought to myself, what would happen if I shone my laser through it ? so I shone it through expecting some nice orange beam, to my surprise nothing was exiting the other end, so I thought If all the light is being reflected maybe some IR is getting through, so I fetched the camera and sure enough only the IR was getting through ;D

There you go, thats even easier than using film negitives ;D ;D

Diachi

diachi

Its a drink, its kind of fruity flavoured and sparkling, its really nice ;D

Diachi

diachi

I thought you would have had it in america ;D

Vimto_230x350.jpg

Diachi

diachi

never knew it worked with coke or pepsi lol, since I dont usually buy it for the house, usually Irn-Bru we have in the house, that or fruit juice ::)

Diachi

daguin

Diachi said:
never knew it worked with coke or pepsi lol, since I dont usually buy it for the house, usually Irn-Bru we have in the house, that or fruit juice ::)

Diachi

I can see the postings in a couple of months . . . . .

"What's the Vimto rating on that laser?" "Have you shined it through some Pepsi? Did any green come through?" ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Peace,
dave

VW

Sparkling is nice, but that diluted crap tastes rancid...

diachi

I never bothered to try the still stuff, just stuck with the fizzy :)

And yeah Dave I know what you mean, all the n00bs will be using that to test for IR ;D

Diachi

iewed

Doesn't grape juice work as well? Maybe there should be a list of drinks that you can use to filter out IR.

diachi

yeah thats a good idea, also, if you have an old phone or laptop with infra red, there will be a little bit of plastic over the IR LED's that are used, it should look redish black, if you remove that that also works ;D

Switch

iewed said:
Doesn't grape juice work as well? Maybe there should be a list of drinks that you can use to filter out IR.
There is such a drink? I want it!!! I wanna put it over my dx30 :D

ixfd64

This is a bit off-topic, but one funny thing is that "Vimto" is an anagram of "vomit." ;D