Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Re: List of Laser Resources

Sniper

sure no problem i just figured youd all be interested in a few free laser giveways (you can never have too many lasers) , and maybe the start of a new forum.

S

SenKat

Sniper said:
hey idk if anyone wants to add this to the list but heres a new forum started by laser ben and theyre giving away 2 free 15mw classics to members there. they are also going to be using a lot of wicked bucks in the future to have many giveaways, possibly fusions, p125, and such high powered lasers.

so im not trying to convert you or anything i still like this forum a lot just thought some of you might want to join it to try and get some free lasers! and also to help out and learn more about them.

anyway heres the link i hope some of you will find it interesting, but dont ban me or anything.

http://www.spectraforum.com/phpBB2/index.php

EDIT: oh ya and youre gonna need at least 20 posts to be eligable, which is rather easy to acheive. im sure the next contest after that will require at least 50 post to be eligable, but its reasonable because they dont just want people joining for the contest only.

YES !!!! Everyone go there NOW !!

See how Laserben does not want to badmouth Tommygreen, or prejudge, yet he feels fine bashing me, and allowing all the others including sniper and that scamming little friend of his to do the same about someone who is not even a member. nice standards of excellence if you ask me. Looks like they have several incarnations of Proctor there, too which is enough to stop me from joining anyplace. :) All - feel free to go visit, judge for yourself, enjoy, or whatever. This also marks the second time Sniper has come here to announce a new forum and then poof away again. Did the other one not do well, or what was the issue with it ? That is a genuine question, not smart alecked.

Well I stuck up for ya! ;D

I thought it was funny to defend one, but then go off in a tangent on another, and I addressed that too!....

Its so easy to let something run away.... I think several jumped in and contrasted the flow in your favor.

A good forum is built on friendships and interaction about something worthy to talk about... if it turns into gangs and clicks, it makes newcomers feel not only unwelcomed, but " uneasy"... I think everyone knows in their subconcious that when anyone bashes someone behind their back, that that is a character trait and they will bash them too!

We are here to have fun and be friends.

I'm all for giving a new forum a good fighting chance rather than support some others that have already proven themselves to not be in the best interest of the laser community.
That being said, wisdom is "especially" needed in the beginning construction of a new forum as it sets the foundation for everything else to be built upon.

There is no way be be friends with everybody and even Jesus couldn't please them all... so all of us in our imperfection... the best we can do is abide by our convictions and trust the cards will fall where they may.

But being nasty to someone always boomerangs right back as people don't let it go un-noticed.. especially if its unwarranted.

I wouldn't get too upset Senkat.... everyone that knows you, knows you abide by your convictions and you try to do whats right. Knowing none of us are perfect, I think thats all anyone can expect from each other... and we all have the right to have a bad day.. or in some cases.. a bad week!

Lack of wisdom is only noticed by those who are wiser, but fools rush in and follow other fools.
Everyones acts will seek them out and it will all come out in the wash and be evident to all.

Just because someone spouts off, that doesn't mean their words will hold water with anyone who has credibility.

We will have to give this new forum time... based on what foundation they build upon, will determine whether it stands.

S

SenKat

I agree...I am not upset, just confused over the contradictions there. At ant rate, I have no intention of joining up or reading over there-so everyone can still find me here, haunting this site ::)

LOL!.. the only thing haunting is your avatar!.... Of course I'm one to talk!

Sniper

SenKat said:
[quote author=Sniper link=1172987253/0#9 date=1184181641]hey idk if anyone wants to add this to the list but heres a new forum started by laser ben and theyre giving away 2 free 15mw classics to members there. they are also going to be using a lot of wicked bucks in the future to have many giveaways, possibly fusions, p125, and such high powered lasers.

so im not trying to convert you or anything i still like this forum a lot just thought some of you might want to join it to try and get some free lasers! and also to help out and learn more about them.

anyway heres the link i hope some of you will find it interesting, but dont ban me or anything.

EDIT: oh ya and youre gonna need at least 20 posts to be eligable, which is rather easy to acheive. im sure the next contest after that will require at least 50 post to be eligable, but its reasonable because they dont just want people joining for the contest only.

YES !!!! Everyone go there NOW !!

See how Laserben does not want to badmouth Tommygreen, or prejudge, yet he feels fine bashing me, and allowing all the others including sniper and that scamming little friend of his to do the same about someone who is not even a member.  nice standards of excellence if you ask me.  Looks like they have several incarnations of Proctor there, too which is enough to stop me from joining anyplace. :)  All - feel free to go visit, judge for yourself, enjoy, or whatever.  This also marks the second time Sniper has come here to announce a new forum and then poof away again.  Did the other one not do well, or what was the issue with it ?  That is a genuine question, not smart alecked.[/quote]

wait so idk where this is coming from. i went to the forum and the only thing thats about senkat is all positive! theyre all saying what a good friend he is and stuff! and ya i havent been around here for a while, because when senkat banned laserk he also ended up banning me, troyboy, and our entire school. (they dont usually come on the forum.. ;) ). anyway so i was out looking for another forum, because i have to go on a proxy every time i visit this one, unless im at a friends house or something. plus i hate the laser community with all its rules and too many people. so the first time we made a forum it was ruined by someone who wanted to come in and post rude things. i have no idea who it was but it bugs me. so a few months later i found one that was started by laser ben. it looks great, the rules are great, no one is bashing senkat, proctor was banned after he came on and started posting things like "poop in the closet" or "im selling my sister".

so anyway this forum is a non senkat bashing, no proctor, nice people, and theyre giving away free lasers often. sounds good to me.

I gotta say, I'm not sure I'd trust Laser Bens judgement. He knows a good bit about a lot of diff things for his age, but again, I'm not sure I trust his judgement. The forums seem kinda like a desparate grasp for power. I guess they have potential though since people like you are hyping it up around the place, and there's definitely room for another forum IMO. I'm just not sure that Ben's will be the better forum I've been hoping for  :-/ (laser giveaways only go so far afterall).

Then again, this might just be me getting swayed by the biased opinions of some people I know who go to his school.

giveaways are nice to get attention, but then the judging starts..... good to get things right first before too much attention.

I think they have a good start.... nothing is perfect.. especially in its infantcy..... the rest test of the forum will be the maturity of the moderators... not the members.

Sniper

well my feeling is that there isnt much of a grasp for power going on there, its just a way to get away from the more crowded forums. not that this forum is too crowded.

I guess its more of a fresh start for anyone who wants to join, because theres going to be no "pregudging" or anything. plus there arent any spambots that they know of (yet  ;) ).

also its a great place to get free lasers often, because there arent very many members, plus there are 2 lasers being given away, perhaps more.

for new people just reading for the first time were talking about this forum: http://www.spectraforum.com/phpBB2/index.php

mods - please clean up this thread and move unrealted items to a new thread... The topic is wandering now.

Thanks, Steve