Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Re: help me make my blu-ray laser! please!

D

D.S.Darkness

ok, well im pretty new here also, but i think i can help clarify so stuff lol,

-- for the driver it depends on how patient you are and how much money your willing to pay lol
-- you could make the DIY driver(i made one from Daedals instructions, pretty nice) or you can buy one, either from a member on the forum or from a company.

-- mW is the power output of your laser

-- the thing you need to look out for is mA, too many of them and it fries.

-- what blu ray diode did you buy, if i were to guess its probably the PHR-803t.

-- if you want your laser to laser awhile go with 110mA for the power.

^What he said.  

Oh, and before posting, you should definitely read the thread at the top of every section entitled: "Basic FAQs: Read Before Posting!".  Because if you read it before posting, you'll have fewer questions you'll have to ask.  In fact, about half of what you ask is answered in the FAQ or in the stickies in the "Tutorials, Help, and Repairs" section.

The best way to use this site is to just start reading, and start with every sticky thread in the red section, blu-ray sections, experiments % modifications section, and the help section I mentioned above.  Once you have read, then search or questions you have.  If you still have questions, then people are more than happy to answer.

Basically, all the people that are best/most capable of answering your questions have already spent their precious time writing up answers to those question you've just asked, as well as every other question that every new member always asks.  Since they've already taken tons of time to write up those answers, why not take the time to read that instead of asking them to write it all out again? People are more than happy to help you and give you answers, but it's much easier to do so when you're willing to look for the answers as well. You can get all the basics from just reading, then we can answer the specifics if you miss something.