Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Re: Crossfire "Re-review" Part 1

did you guys happen to catch wondergimp's review being quoted over in LC?

i'm not going to get into it, but wow...

They already locked the thread before it could get into a finger wagging contest.

The thread owner took a photo showing the laser and a few inches of beam travel, compared it in MS Paint using the "straight line tool" and concluded the beam is perfectly straight. I was amused.

Re: "Bias Review?"
Author: Avenger
LaserCommunity.com

The level of professionalism is difficult to maintain in these circumstances, but I'll do my best.

The lack of knowledge is apparent in his post. First off, at .86 degrees and viewing five inches of the beam is not sufficient enough. The beam angle is slight...less than a degree. I'll repeat this again, less than a degree. If he had a Geometry class in high school, he would have known this is very small. Secondly, at first glance of the pictures he is referring to, one can quickly realize that they can not be used to determine a crooked angle. Instead, a photograph similar to this is needed to capture the visual aspect of the angle.

DSCF1601.jpg

According to his description of my review, he considers it "amateurish." My definition of "amateurish"- An individual posting a topic without the proper education to back up his reasonings.

I consider his post a complete and utter embarrassment on his part. Perhaps he will learn his lesson and maybe he'll consider using his brain before posting.

I replyed to this thread with some of my opinion and some stuff I put in on wondergimps behalf.
Firstly, my reply to this muppet got edited, secondly, it got deleted and locked...now the whole thread has gone ::) ;D
Typical LC, tut tut tut...

Yeah, figured it would happen, so the page is saved on the desktop.

- - - - - -
Avenger

PostPosted: 10/29/07, 3:14 PM Post subject: Bias revie Reply with quote
Correct me if I am wrong, but does this beam look crooked to you?

I read this rather amatuer review and was perplexed as to how someone could call this crooked. I took the photo and put it in paint and used the straight line tool and noticed that my MS paint tool must be crooked if drawing a line over the beam shows the line center mass to the unit.

If this is crooked, Id like to know what straight is...

Image 11077

Image 11078

Any thoughts?

Athoul
Wicked Lasers God

PostPosted: 10/29/07, 4:36 PM Post subject: Reply with quote
I have not read the review myself, but I can address the crookedness of the beam. Usually what is ment is that the beam emitting from the laser is not parallel to the axis of the aperture. The pictures sure do not indicate a very crooked beam, but no portable laser will have a beam that is perfectly parallel to the axis of the aperture. In some cases it may be off by a fraction of a degree, I've seen some units with the beam a few degrees off in relation to the axis of the unit. Not this model but in a CNI pen model. As long as the beam is not hitting the aperture, it's not really a problem... though if the beam is off by more then a couple degrees it's possible that the company may replace the unit for you (not sure).

chargerman
Wicked Lasers God

PostPosted: 10/29/07, 6:18 PM Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps just someone wanting to complain about Techlasers' products in general? Rolling Eyes

Rasel
Wicked Lasers God

PostPosted: 10/29/07, 7:52 PM Post subject: Reply with quote
Probably...

However, I believe we can put the topic to rest now. I can only hope this user has learned his lesson.