Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Re: Crossfire "Re-review" Part 1

T

timelord

Well just as well your an expert and have the know how to make this laser function within spec or as near as you got due to your hunger......

What about a newbie with no skill of taking a laser apart or too frightened to in case they damage it?

I know you'd never get a laser from Laserglow or Optotronics in this condition ever!

wow wicked and all affilates really seem to stink everything from them seems to be extremly poor quality
i imagine that the output is severly less than what you payed for but just my 2cents

Timelord said:
Well just as well your an expert and have the know how to make this laser function within spec or as near as you got due to your hunger......

What about a newbie with no skill of taking a laser apart or too frightened to in case they damage it?

I know you'd never get a laser from Laserglow or Optotronics in this condition ever!

Timelord, I bring only the facts here, so don't attack me. What you guys do with the facts is up to you. If you wish to advertise for LaserGlow or Optotronics off of this, go ahead. Just don't attack me for bringing the facts.

Rubberband, output power seems well above 300mW. We'll see on Thursday when its tested.

T

timelord

I've not attacked you so quit the persecution complex you have and wind your neck in. I'm glad you've brought this here, now I do know where your loyalties lie when it comes to laser companies, so I can understand where all your paranoid fantasies come from about being attacked ;D
My point was very valid..

Why should any newbie be faced with the challenge of taking a laser apart from brand new?????

Timelord said:
I've not attacked you so quit the persecution complex you have and wind your neck in. I'm glad you've brought this here now I do know where your loyalties lie when it comes to laser companies, so I can understand where all your paranoid fantasies come from about being attacked ;D
My point was very valid..

Why should any newbie be faced with the challenge of taking a laser apart from brand new?????

Timelord, I don't know where you get the idea of loyalties to companies. I don't have time to argue. I bring the facts. Thats it. Go dream up some other thoughts about other users, just not me.

And again @ Timelord- As you can see, the review is not finished. Hence the part 1 of 2. Hopefully you noticed this and took note that I have not yet done a conclusion. Theres something called patience...get to learn it. I will address the issues (including your newbie question) in the conclusion.

Now...off to dinner.

Milos

I see this as a first unbiased TechLasers review weather or not wondergimp is an expert.
Sick and tired of flashy perfect photography beam shots where every laser is performing perfectly.

Btw wondergimp, I wish I can take sharp photos as yours, mine always come out kinda fuzzy and amateurish.

I'm curious to hear more about power and beam qualities. Divergence didn't start off too well .

This is supposed to be aka Aries/Hulk from what CNI makes, right? Is it any shorter now that it uses only one 18650 lithium battery? \
Just curious.

H

High_Octane

What I would like to know is what camera you are using, at what settings, to take such absolutely stunning pics! :eek:

Benm

Nice review, i wonder what the output mearures come down to!

On the part about the battery: I think you're a bit harsh there. 18650 cells are very common lithium rechargeables, used in many battery packs for laptops and such. They arent marketed to consumers in retail much, but should be available from electronics stores, and are readily available from vendors like DX too.

Timelord said:

I disagree vehemently :-/. I may not purchase direct from Laserglow, but I've seen plenty of their units from CNI. The collimation plate in the PGL-III/Aries lasers isn't really that well secured, and I've even sent what appeared like a perfectly good laser to a customer, only to have it returned for RMA weeks later with the collimator on the entire other end of the tube - horrible divergence as a result. Its just something that happens.

Not defending Techlasers here, but this sure isn't any evidence they are worse than laserglow or opto.

I agree with Milos. It's about bloody time we heard a review that reports the good with the bad instead of WLs usual wonderously fantastical crap about everything they sell. I know your not WL Wondergimp but the Crossfire comes from an affiliate. So well done Wondergimp, nice review so far. Pretty good pics as well.

Hi Wondergimp,
Thanks for posting your review, nice photos and good information; I can hardly wait for the rest of the review.
I do want to comment on the "crooked beam" you reported. It's a fairly common problem, but not something that is acceptable for a high-end portable laser. This is something we look for and make sure are not sent to a customer. Each of our lasers are throughly tested and go through a long burn-in process and are re-tested with output verified and recorded right before shipment to our customers. All test failures are returned to the manufacturer.

Jack

bootleg2go said:
Hi Wondergimp,
Thanks for posting your review, nice photos and good information; I can hardly wait for the rest of the review.
I do want to comment on the "crooked beam" you reported. It's a fairly common problem, but not something that is acceptable for a high-end portable laser. This is something we look for and make sure are not sent to a customer. Each of our lasers are throughly tested and go through a long burn-in process and are re-tested with output verified and recorded right before shipment to our customers. All test failures are returned to the manufacturer.

Jack
nice way to take advantage of the thread, huh? ;D ;D

great review so far wondergimp, can't wait for part 2

Spd2Last said:
nice way to take advantage of the thread, huh? ;D ;D

Pretty much on topic...I guess...kinda...just saying that the reason the beam comes out at an angle might be because of not being tested just before shipping out right???

lol

Benm said:
18650 cells are very common lithium rechargeables, used in many battery packs for laptops and such. They arent marketed to consumers in retail much, but should be available from electronics stores, and are readily available from vendors like DX too.

Whether or not they should be available is one thing. One would assume that battery specialty stores would have every battery under the sun, but was not the case for me. Trust me, I did everything I could to find a battery while I was waiting for a week for the battery online to arrive.

I have no doubt this is outputting 300mW, but I have been wrong before. I wouldn't suspect anything less than 300mW would be able to burn my fence from 3 feet away.

Part 2 will be interesting no doubt. I'll try to post it Thursday evening, but no guarantees on that. I also need to re-review the Photonic Disruptor and Infiniti as well. But I will say, that the infiniti is rock solid.

I've been wanting to compare this with LaserGlow's Aries, but my money tree has seemingly gone into hibernation for the winter. Hopefully it will wake up soon.

Oh, that I was using was a Fuji s700. Most pics were taken F3 ISO 200; shutter speed differed among pictures for light compensation.