Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Re: aixiz laser module driver mod?

does anyone listen to me??

UNLESS YOU CHANGE YOUR DESIGN YOU WILL END UP WITH 200 MELTED DRIVER CHIPS

chimo

BlueFusion said:

UNLESS YOU CHANGE YOUR DESIGN YOU WILL END UP WITH 200 MELTED DRIVER CHIPS

BlueFusion, when you make such inflamatory statements, you should back it up with proof (calculations).

Please show us your power dissipation calculations.

BlueFusion said:

Certainly not when you yell. :mad:

And probably not when you try to sabotage every other driver option but the one you're selling.

Maybe you really are trying to help. But if that is the case, you've a strange way of going about it.

first of all, i have a very hard time believing that someone would make a chip, and then rate it for a power rating that is actually far above the rating at which it destroys itself. whats the point of the rating, if that's the case? secondly, im sure it will get hot, but the idea here is to put the driver inside of the aixiz module. thats the sole purpose behind me trying to do this, and if i didnt do that, why would i bother at all? people who use the aixiz modules are most likely using them for handheld torch mods, and im sure theyre expecting duty cycles in the first place. that being said, im also sure theres something one can do to effectively heatsink the voltage regulator to the aixiz module.

theres no need to yell.
-FITF

third revision, even smaller yet, its now .310x.545.
-FITF

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 246

I WANT ONE BAD

Ill send u my address, and hopefully I can pay u somehow...

@BlueFusion

Most DVD burners have little thermal pads, made to wick heat readiate it. the good part: theyre solid, fat, and maleable. I can rip a bit off and stick it on the driver, hopefully problem solved.

Regards:

amk

bah, i mentioned the point twice before, and noone listened until i did yell.

I will have to dig up those calculations. I intend to back myself up.

Those thermal pads would be a good idea, but the thing is, can u get 200.

Also, the power rating for a chip is the maximum amount of current it can carry. As different to the maximum amount it can carry unheatsinked. Add a heatsink of some form, and you're set.

FITF, Nice work!

You get this going and i would be interested as well.
SMD soldering is not a problem, so in a kit form is fine or maybe just the board itself. i order from mouser all the time so i can buy the componets myself if you prefer.
Won't be till after the first though.
Keep us posted on your progress,

Chuck

FusionIsTheFuture said:
im taking a class at school, intro to digital electronics, its meant as a first class for the field, so you dont need any prior knowledge about anything electronic, and they had us make a board with some surface mount components on it. the instructor didnt really teach us how to do it at all, just had us look in the instruction book that came with the board. everyone got it without problems, and i dont know what a reflow machine is but i know we didnt use one. just soldering pens.
-FITF

Well, I know it could be done by hand but it sure would take a lot of time to solder 200 SMT boards by hand. So if you want to sell lots of this assembled it might be a problem.

I know for one my solder iron doesn't have a good enough tip for me to work with smt components. I will most likely destroy my components and get me utterly pissed. Some of those things components are SMALL

However, if you have an assembled option at a nominal fee, I will be up for some, as will many others. Of course, the soldering must be of some standard ;)

You know what
I am absolutely certain of the results I got before :-?
But I checked my calculations and also asked pseudonomen137 who originally helped and...

You are good with that package up to 500mA! :) I salute you. Good work.

BlueFusion said:
You know what
I am absolutely certain of the results I got before :-?
But I checked my calculations and also asked pseudonomen137 who originally helped and...

You are good with that package up to 500mA! :) I salute you. Good work.

so no heat??

in that case im in for more!!!

ptewee

hi guys... i might have just registered but i have been following the threads around this forum for quite some time...

as of now, i have an aixiz housing fitted with Sony 16x laser, and i seriously need the driver...

is this still active??

if so... i wanna have a share here too!!!

im seriously interested, people... so count me in!

ptewee said:
hi guys... i might have just registered but i have been following the threads around this forum for quite some time...

as of now, i have an aixiz housing fitted with Sony 16x laser, and i seriously need the driver...

is this still active??

if so... i wanna have a share here too!!!

im seriously interested, people... so count me in!

the guy sorta abandoned it. but Im doing a GB now for boards here:

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1204612696/0