Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Re: aixiz laser module driver mod?

First, welcome to the forum.

The question you posed has been asked and answered already. ;) When you're searching, be sure to search a few months back...the default is only one week. But to answer your question, the included driver cannot be moded to drive anything more powerful than the included diode.

man, that seems to be happening to me quite often to me on this forum :( anyways thanks for the welcome and the answer and @moderators please feel free to delete this repeated post >.<
thanks
=-arne

S

SenKat

We try to not delete posts here, so it teaches others !

haha, my apologies again, apparently deleting the original post does not make the thread go away ><. and of course theres no way to undelete... makes me feel even stupider.

No need to feel stupid. We all have to ask questions, it's how we learn.
Have you yet found a laser diode driver to your liking?

well i would really like a driver that i can fit inside of the module like that, and i have a little bit of experience in multisim and ultiboard, and i looked at pad2pad.com, they make custom pcbs from a free software that you dl from their site. im not sure about pricing, i still have to play around with it some more. im still waiting to see if aixiz will give me the circuit schematic, becuase i looked for other posts about the driver, and no one really mentioned why it couldnt be used to power a bigger laser. if it turns out that still wont work, then ill just have to go the ugly wired mess, and not open the case very much to look at it. ;)

ill keep you posted, im AM going to complete this project, whether it takes me the rest of my life.
thanks for the patience
-arne

Lol i made a metel box for my diy red out of the case of an old vcr player(bending it was not fun..) It looks nice on the outside but if you open it up be prepared lol, i have a habit of using way to long wires like if the wire needs to be 1inch i usualy get like 5 inches of wire..

....lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

well i created a driver board using pad2pad software, and i would like to post a picture of it, but i dont think i can becuase it wont even let me post links. :(

its got everything on it, the LM317, resistor, diode, capacitor and pads for the LD to connect just like aixiz did it, on the edge of the board. 246 for 128$ or... one for 128$ lol i wonder which one ill get?

-arne
[edit]
oh i can attach it

heres the legend for the pic

it is .325 x.425 single layer, all through hole type connections except for the LD pads

U1 = LM317
U1.1 Vin
U1.2 Vout
U1.3 Adj
pin 1 = power in from the back
pin 2 = ground from the back
pin 10 + 8 are for the resistor (5ohm in 16x dvd LD's case)
pin 6 + 9 are for the capacitor
pin 3 + 4 are for the diode 1N4001
U5 = pads for LD pins
[/edit]

Attachments

• LD_Driver_Schematic_004.JPG
    LD_Driver_Schematic_004.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 676

you can buy aixiz laser housings at mfgcn.com

ok well i decided to revise my circuit schematic, it turns out the standard (to220) package lm317 doesnt fit into the case very well, at least not without sanding of the corners. i decided to use the surface mount type, its quite a bit smaller, but with lower mA rating, of only .5 amps but it should be sufficient.

anyways heres the updated look and the pads are pretty self explanatory, R is resistor, C is capacitor, and D is diode, and LD is laser diode and U1 is the LM317. and the green lines are the second layer (bottom) of the board the cad drawing is to scale, and the components on the board are all drawn at their maximum possible listed size from the data sheets. plenty of wiggle room.

is anyone interested in this? let me know, because i want to be able to do something with the 199 boards ill have left over besides make them into presents for my friends.

Attachments

• ld_driver_copy.jpg
    ld_driver_copy.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 436

Things

well actually BlueFusion s making something very similar to this, but one that fits inside the aixiz module would be awesome! You could start a GB feeler in the Group buy section of this forum, and see how much interest you would get :)

his is bigger, and it looks like its got a few more components, so it would probably have more functionality, i havent really looked at it yet, but i was just going for the smallest possible size. ;)

cheaper and smaller = guuuud

i go wit cheap and small.
If this fits in aixiz, and cheap, ill pick up a few

I'm VERY interested in this! I am also spec'ing out a driver board that will fit in the Aixiz module housing, using SMT parts, but you've already done the leg work.

I've committed to BlueFusion for 5 boards, and I'll still buy several of yours if you actually get them built and tested - especially if you have a unit that works with a lower dropout. My supply will be 6v anyway as there will be other electronics in the device being powered by the same supply (auto beam focus, power level indicator, etc).

Yes - very interested. Depending on your price point and my sense of viability of the deal being valid, you can figure me in for anywhere from 1 to 5 units.

Thanks!

Dave X