Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Re: 3V 350ma Wall Plug! $1.99!

Daedal

"switching power supply"

This, IIRC, will go up to 3V and then go down to -3V. With a 1N400X diode in there you can make a pulsed driver, but that's not what you want for a labby :p

You really never know how stable this is with it's pulses and how it'll operate under light load either, but I'd be curious if someone's got one ;)

--DDL

Benm

Nah, it looks like its a switched stepdown converter that puts out proper DC. How stable the output is remains to be seen, i wouldn't risk connecting it directly to a LD.

Daedal said:
"switching power supply"

This, IIRC, will go up to 3V and then go down to -3V. With a 1N400X diode in there you can make a pulsed driver, but that's not what you want for a labby :p

You really never know how stable this is with it's pulses and how it'll operate under light load either, but I'd be curious if someone's got one ;)

--DDL

Actually, no. The "switching" actually refers to the method of voltage regulation used. It is definitely a continuous DC power supply here, so no diode would be needed.

Daedal

Makes sense... But I'm sure I've seen 'switching' supplies that provide a 'switched' supply... which is no use to us...

Sorry bout that guys :-[

--DDL