Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss :(

Mik

Well, after a long wait my 200mW rayfoss greenie was delivered. No battery or charger in the package, but that is just the start.

I asked for an IR filter to be installed in my laser. Faona said that it would be no problem, her technician would add an IR filter at no extra charge. I thought that was really nice of them. I was told that before the IR filter, the laser did 210mW and should do 170 after the IR filter. (seems like everyone gets told their laser does 210?).

It turns out, the very best the laser has done is 150mW and there is no IR filter at all. They lied about the output and about installing an IR filter in it.

Please go read my review post about it, especially post # 17 and see the video. I have contacted Faona and gave her the link to the review thread. We'll see what happens.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/r...rayfoss-rf532-200mw-b03-50721.html#post697297

oikos

i find it funny when she says things like "her technician would add an IR filter" i thought all rayfoss do is resell the low-end lasers they acquire in bulk at a discounted cost to make profit... if CNI or JETLASERS (laser manufactures) said that would make more sense.

D

Deleted member 8382

I was also told mine was doing 210. However, on a cheap lpm it meters "around" 190mW. I say around because I used the cheap lasersbee meter with an IR filter and a ND filter plus the correction table for 532nm. The reading is for sure wrong, but maybe with a 10% error

Sorry to hear your story,Mik.But why so many laser cant reach its mw that it claims to!
Sigh...
I even doubt that the manufactor cant give a definite MW even their lasers are shipped out from the factory!lol