Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss?

im not sure where i should get my laser, but im thining rayfoss, is that a reliable site? are there lasers what they say they are? I dont want to buy a laser from them and find its not really 50mw >.<......and to add onto, i was wondering if anyone has purchased a 50mw laser form Rayfoss, does it burn? can i smoke leather with it?? Does it pop balloons? Or light matche......id like to know these thank you:thanks: this is the laser www.rayfoss.com

Rayfoss is very reputable, you get what is described. 50mW wont allow you to do many burning tricks, you wont be able to light matches, but you will be able to pop balloons but not very far away.

Mik

Rayfoss is very reputable, you get what is described. 50mW wont allow you to do many burning tricks, you wont be able to light matches, but you will be able to pop balloons but not very far away.

Agree.

Well said.

If you are going with Rayfoss, you should go for the FLX model( www.rayfoss.com )It has superior heat-sinking and focus than the one that you suggested.

If you are going with Rayfoss, you should go for the FLX model( www.rayfoss.com )It has superior heat-sinking and focus than the one that you suggested.

k thanks :) does that make the beam stronger? like i could see it longer, the dot would be smaller while farther away, or make the beam stronger and more visible than the other? i'd like one thats nicely visible, good for burning tricks, and....yeah thatas all thanks :)

Last edited:
They both have the same divergence, so the dots would be very similar at a distance. The focus allows for better burning on the FLX model, and another reason I prefer the FLX is the head is bigger allowing for better heat-sinking so you can keep it on longer without damaging it, I would recommend no more than 1 minute. It also has a shutter that keeps the dust out when not in use, so a cleaner lens.

They both have the same divergence, so the dots would be very similar at a distance. The focus allows for better burning on the FLX model, and another reason I prefer the FLX is the head is bigger allowing for better heat-sinking so you can keep it on longer without damaging it, I would recommend no more than 1 minute. It also has a shutter that keeps the dust out when not in use, so a cleaner lens.

wow thanks :yh: more focusing power ftw kekeke

It won't give you more power but it will make it easier to focus the dot.

thanks for the help guys :D i ordered the FLX, as it seemd like the better one apparently, and i did the add to cart, checked out, and it just emailed me my info....what do i do now???

Last edited:
I assume you've gotten the laser by now?

-CAM

no, sadly i have not...they havent even sent an email..i gave them the paypal order and have not heard back since them...what do you think is goin on? o_O