Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss questions

Rayfoss 5mW or or DX 5mW? It may seem a idiotic question on a such low powered laser but I've read some people say that DX lasers output ~10mW green, and rayfoss may be 5mW exactly. Disconsider shipping price pls.

and.. I'll get C03 from rayfoss, is it a good unit for hobbysts, eg is it used a lot in community? A review will be valued? Any special warnings/anything/who owns it?

Thanks all!

Rayfoss will likely just be better quality in general. I personally would go with them before DX.

In addition, I would also recommend this:

TRUE 50mW Green Laser Pointer Pen $9.75 Free Shipping

I've ordered a few things from price angels and would recommend it as well - decent laser :)

Oh, and I would check out ItemQuickShip on ebay if you're looking at a 200mW laser too... Just in case, before you spend 150$

Unless you want to give ME 150$ and I'll send you my 200mW laser in the same host from Rayfoss with keys and everything. I'll even toss in a battery :)

I have this one. Too bright! I'm concerned with safety as the pointer isn't for me: it is for a professor friend of mine. 5mW is more than enough as he said that 50mW is too strong!

Rayfoss give me the power guarantee, free IR filter and some more things.. not really $150 :shhh:

I would buy the host only for a few bucks, if I could just insert a >200mW module in there.