Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss laser question

I've recently ordered the Rayfoss B03 200mw laser from their website and I've noticed more often I've seen people getting and talking about the C03. I'm basically just wondering why this is and if there are any advantages to the C03 laser over the B03. I was assuming the B03 was a better buy because it uses a stronger battery(3,6 over 3,0), has a smaller divergence, is smaller and cheaper for the same mw. Any info would be appreciated. Also how long is shipping normally to the us?

here are the links
www.rayfoss.com
www.rayfoss.com

Last edited:

Ash

I'm basically just wondering why this is and if there are any advantages to the C03 laser over the B03.
Other than the larger "head" on the C03 to provide better heat-sinking (and longer runtimes), there is little difference.
I was assuming the B03 was a better buy because it uses a stronger battery(3,6 over 3,0), has a smaller divergence, is smaller and cheaper for the same mw.http://www.rayfoss.com
Actually, you have 2 battery options with the B03 (CR123 or 18650), a 1.5mRad divergence is pretty good, and the laser will fit a bit better in your pocket.
Also how long is shipping normally to the us?
Usually about 10 days from when they ship (sometimes they ship 2 to 3-days after the order was placed) from China to arrive in the U.S. :D

Great thanks for your help! so the larger head on the C03 is the for heat sinking, can burn better then a b03?

Ash

can burn better then a b03?
We can't say that the C03 will burn better than the B03. If they are the same power (in mW) and both focusable, they should have the exact same burning capabilities (and probably do).
But, the larger surface area of the heat-sink usually means that it won't "overheat" as fast as the smaller laser. But, if you look at the specs, it says that the C03 has a 60-second duty cycle "maximum on time", and the B03 has a 90-second duty cycle. Which, actually is contradictory to my reasoning. So, I'm not sure. :thinking:
But, one thing I do know is that the B03 is a newer model than the C03.
Perhaps it has a more stable 532nm module in it. :p

Thanks again for your help ash! If the duty cycle is lower on the c03 and it has the same specs then couldnt that mean its a more powerful laser since its heating up quicker then the b03? That or its just an older model so they found a way to extend it. Does anyone else know what the heat sinker means?