Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss/DX 200mW Greenie

ZRTMWA

I am thinking about ordering the "200mW 532nm Focusable Laser Torch" from Rayfoss. It looks exactly like the "200mW Flashlight-Style Green Laser" from Deal Extreme but they don't ship to the United States. Are they the same? I know these are supposedly way under-spec but can anyone give me a mW estimate? I actually saw a review on DX about this laser and the author said his laser was at 230 mW. Is this usual? Does anyone have this laser from either Rayfoss or DX? They seem to be really hit or miss but are still a great price at $150. I also read that they have a plastic lens. Can they be upgraded with a glass lens? If I did get this laser is there anything I could do to make it better or lengthen its life span? I did a few searches on LPF and still could not find the specific info. Also, is this a "dilda (new version)"? It kind of looks like the new version but longer. Thanks.

while you are waiting for a response here, try the reviews section. also nobody can give you an estimate to power because they (the laser) vary greatly... from way under spec (i read somebody got one and it was 90mw) to way over spec.

ZRTMWA

Dealextreme and Rayfoss probably get their lasers from the same factory in Dongguan City, China. I found out Rayfoss is the all lasers "side website" of Qualifound.com. I figure Rayfoss.com to be almost the exact same as DX except they ship to the United States. They sacrifice quality control for low prices. Between what temperatures should a 200mW laser be used? Is Rayfoss's 15C to 30C correct?