Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ray foss 1w FTB/FWT or 1w Spartan??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time trying to decide which laser is better:
FWT - (x1)18650 (Link: www.rayfoss.com)
FTB - (x2)CR123A (Link: www.rayfoss.com)

Because of my limited knowledge and information sources, I cannot figure out which one is stronger unless I buy them both and do the measurements myself, which is not practical because I'm really tight on money and don't have the measuring equipment required nor a cheap or easy way to acquire it...

If there are senior experts or owners out there reading this can you please tell me which one is more powerful?? and by how much mw is the spartan (1000~1100mw?) more powerful than these two?
When answering please pretend that the FTB don't have the extra waterproof lens and that they all cost the same.

My assumptions which make me prefer the FWT/FTB over the spartan:
(Please, by all means, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't want to buy one of them and later regret it because of some silly assumptions...)
I want the FTB/FWT mainly because they are focusable, (1) which makes the divergence trivial and allow good results at both burning at close range and pointing at galaxies far fa... thats why I prefer them over the spartan which is not focusable and (2) has high divergence, (3) aswell as it won't point farther (4) or burn better than the FWT/FTB when focused accordingly because (5) the difference in their output power compared to the spartan is negligible.)

And what do you think about this? As I'm growing desperate to find a good laser this deal becomes more and more attractive.. check it out:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/1-1-2-watt-445nm-lasers-cheap-180-a-54005.html
And again, please take the money out of the equation when considering which one I should get, as I need a pure performance opinion.

Many thanks for reading this and any help wold be much appreciated!! (Especially correcting my assumptions in case they're wrong..)

Last edited:

daguin

You already have a thread open about this

Peace,
dave

Status
Not open for further replies.