Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Radical animal rights group Sea Shepherd uses green lasers against Japanese boat

The Japanese like to eat endangered animals (whale, rhino, tiger, etc).
Brings that "Circle of Life" song, from the Lion King, into my head. Part of me thinks it's wrong... part of me wants to be able to harpoon one before they become extinct. As far as the laser attacks.. That's a bit worse than the ultrasonic weapon the whalers use against the activists. Ain't war grand?

By ultrasonic weapons you mean those sirens right? I don't really understand why they are "weapons", half decent ear plugs should render them useless which I imagine they have, while lasers cannot be rendered ineffective without gear that would be expensive on a japanese boater's salary. And yeah, it would be nice if the whale crop was managed more responsibly by the whalers... Instead it's the "virus" method, wipe everything out and then move on unless someone comes to stop you.

will

Not those kind of sirens... those kind are VERY intense and VERY directional. It's basically a laser for sound. It makes your head rattle, and can leave helicopter pilots disoriented. They ARE very dangerous.

mfo

Not those kind of sirens... those kind are VERY intense and VERY directional. It's basically a laser for sound. It makes your head rattle, and can leave helicopter pilots disoriented. They ARE very dangerous.

Sonic Devastator.

By ultrasonic weapons you mean those sirens right? I don't really understand why they are "weapons", half decent ear plugs should render them useless which I imagine they have, while lasers cannot be rendered ineffective without gear that would be expensive on a japanese boater's salary. And yeah, it would be nice if the whale crop was managed more responsibly by the whalers... Instead it's the "virus" method, wipe everything out and then move on unless someone comes to stop you.

will

Only if they didn't want to purchase Chinese laser goggles.:p

I saw some videos where these cops used these sonic weapons on protestors (in america, it was recently) and at first I thought the guy's camera was just oversensitive to high-pitch noises, but I just watched some more videos and MAN, those things are loud.

Only if they didn't want to purchase Chinese laser goggles.:p

I met a guy from japan one time, and I'm not sure if he was joking or not but he said they try not to buy inferior chinese products XD. But seriously how much can those whalers possibly make? You're not gonna waste up to $50 on goggles because someone might have a laser.

none of course.

Once again, the geneva convention forbids lasers as "blinding weapons". I believe this counts.

will

^^ He wasn't joking about buying Chinese products. I was being sarcastic (hard to tell in txt, i know). I am curious as to how much the whalers make though. I wonder if it is comparable to what crab fishermen in Alaska make.

^^ He wasn't joking about buying Chinese products. I was being sarcastic (hard to tell in txt, i know). I am curious as to how much the whalers make though. I wonder if it is comparable to what crab fishermen in Alaska make.

ahh, I see. I know some surfers who work on crab boats for a month, then live off that for the year :)