Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Radiant X4: A LPM for the masses at Illumination Supply!

Would love to know the story behind the latest delays.

I imagine something has gone very very wrong - I just hope nobody got hurt (financially or otherwise).

Are there still plans to produce the LPM or has the project been canned.

OVNI

Anyone think of taking this on instead? Something production level, commercial quality. From what I've seen, there's is plenty of talent here to pull that off technically. Would take a small financial commitment up front to produce the first few units but there are other ways of making money than VCs which is another skill needed for a team.

Is there a 'spec' of sorts or wish list the community would like to see in a new LPM to include price points?

Also could just be a stopgap for the Radiant X4 with their cooperation of course.

Other ideas?

SOmewhere deep in these 18 pages you should see 30 were "apparently" made
but never listed for sale and an unlimited supply where going to be available imminantly

its a shame such egos promoted so easily with fine words but never came up with the goods

Much time has passed , why dont you EXPLAIN why you kept so many people hanging on so long , essentially pretending month after month it was imminent , read through your own words and you should see what liars and fakers you have shown yourselves to be

its time for ma debrief , who lied to who , who faked it and exagerarrated , this community was taken on a roller coaster by some of you pretending vapourware existed

OWN UP , BE HONEST

SOmewhere deep in these 18 pages you should see 30 were "apparently" made
but never listed for sale and an unlimited supply where going to be available imminantly

its a shame such egos promoted so easily with fine words but never came up with the goods

Much time has passed , why dont you EXPLAIN why you kept so many people hanging on so long , essentially pretending month after month it was imminent , read through your own words and you should see what liars and fakers you have shown yourselves to be

its time for ma debrief , who lied to who , who faked it and exagerarrated , this community was taken on a roller coaster by some of you pretending vapourware existed

OWN UP , BE HONEST

I think that you can forget about getting an X4
from Radiant..
It hasn't been available for years.

The same thing happened with Mariomaster's
original 2W Radiant... Always promising to have
them available next week and next week that
never came to fruition...

I guess that for the effort there was not enough
profit to be made in both cases even if the products
were as good as claimed.

Jerry

Last edited:
I think what you'll find buried in these 18 pages is that the creators made availability claims based on actual legitimate estimates (probably optomistic as is commonly the case) which were then foiled by unforseen difficulties and roadblocks (as well as new features continually being added on to improve the product and its value).

Then, when it seems everything is against you and it is taking far longer than you anticipated (and possibly short-handed as well), you get overwhelmed and shelve the project while you try to put your life back together, which you've neglected trying to finish said project. Then there is a reluctance to pick it back up again (even though you really do plan on finishing the project) because you know it's harder than you anticipated and it will take a great commitment of time and energy to complete, especially if you are to deliver the quality product that you have created in your mind and spent so much time and energy to create.

I have read all 18 pages as well as talked to Craig, because I too am very interested in the product in question. From what I gather, the situation is very similar to my own experience with independent product design (described above). I have several drivers, laser designs, and other useful things that I meant to have started selling years ago on the forum, but haven't because... life. I just have never mentioned any of them because I know I'm really bad at estimating and I don't want the same situation as we see here in this thread.

In this case I think it would be best if anyone who is still interested just made it known, so that they know there is actually still interest. It might boost morale and help them to pick the project back up and finish the first batch.

Just remember that they have a life, and probably a real job to worry about too.

The same thing happened with Mariomaster's
original 2W Radiant... Always promising to have
them available next week and next week that
never came to fruition...

One more week buddy.

1a95.jpg

Why do people keep resurrecting this old thread? The Radiant is gone for good. It is no more and never will be, so quit it already.