Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Radiant electronics - Alpha LPM

GBD

This is a quick review of the alpha LPM from radiant.

The LPM itself is a standalone system (TEC based from the looks of it) LPM that runs off a 9V battery, which fits into the back of the unit, and is rated to be used up to 2Ws. This was why I bought the thing, as I needed something cheap, small, simple and portable that doesn't require a computer.

The meter itself:

green display:

The TEC glued to a black heatsink (heatsink maybe originally used for TO-220 devices from the hole mounts?)

And some meter shots with a pair of greens:

400mw O-like laser:

DHOM head: (the black barrel thing in the behind is just a random piece of junk to hold the wire down from flipping the TEC to the ground.)

Overall, radiaint and its staff built a very nice meter, and were pleasant and easy to deal with.

Last edited:

GBD

Why would I post it in the review sections then mate? :p

This meter is really good.. I wont be selling the thing any time soon sadly.

Last edited:

Fenzir

^ haha :D

For the duration that I've been a part of LPF I've yet to see them IN stock. I personally prefer Jerrys LPM with data logging, but if radiant was in stock, I probably would have bought one of them. It's really a preference and as a buyer I would rather see datalogging, but I don't plan to sell many if any lasers.

No, I was at the bottom of the home page where it was recent posts and I saw this. I then saw it was a review. Want to sell it to me anyways? :bowdown:
Why would I post it in the review sections then mate? :p

This meter is really good.. I wont be selling the thing any time soon sadly.

I have an Alpha and a Laserbee USB. For down and dirty I use the Apha and for more precise readings I'll use the laserbee.

Cool reveiw GBD :beer: and the price is right for the meter :)

Last edited:

GBD

Yep.. Ive bought it as a "base-line" meter so I have an accurate idea to callibrate.

Working on a DIY meter to read 5W-10W for some of my other lasers, 2W range of the alpha isn't enough.