Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Radiant Alpha review!

Well, here I am with yet another review. This time we have the radiant alpha! Shipping time on this unit was VERY fast and it was sent inside the US by mariomaster, once I had it in my hands I tore open the box and threw in a fresh 9V to try it out! Gave the button a click and on it came, it needed a second to zero and once it did, I began my tests. It seems to read on par with my laserbee, within 2.5% hobby standards which is great, and I like the larger display on the alpha. The tecs on both the alpha and the laserbee are very similar, with three main diferences.
1 alpha has a smaller heat sink
2 alpha has a larger tec
3 alpha has a nylon cover on the wires to the TEC to prevent damage

The alpha is very good on power, as I have left it on for 3 days now and its still kicking strong :)

Enough talking, time for some pics?
sss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss1.jpg

ss3.jpg

More pics and vids to come!

Last edited:

hey.. ur laser at the right is a bit strange. i have the same laser from rayfoss...( the same of skylasers). and it HAS a part where to insert a KEY...(in your pic it has a blach hole). and my laser havs a RED push button.... your laser does not have it. very strange photo.....

Blord

Isn't the Radiant Alpha capable reading the 2 Watt lasers and the Laserbee only 1 Watt ?
If it is so then this is a big diffence.

Trevor

Isn't the Radiant Alpha capable reading the 2 Watt lasers and the Laserbee only 1 Watt ?
If it is so then this is a big diffence.

I believe the Laserbee I is limited to ~1W due to the ADC that is being used. The Laserbee II is limited to 3.2W for the same reason. The actual damage threshold for the sensor is way higher (so I've heard, at least), but the display caps out at about those readings.

The Radiant Alpha caps out at 2W in terms of displaying a reading, but, like the Laserbee I/II, I believe the damage threshold is much higher than that depending on the focus of the laser.

-Trevor

Nice review. Im checking the side several times a day to see if they are back in stock. I'm just a little worried about those exposed wires...

hey.. ur laser at the right is a bit strange. i have the same laser from rayfoss...( the same of skylasers). and it HAS a part where to insert a KEY...(in your pic it has a blach hole). and my laser havs a RED push button.... your laser does not have it. very strange photo.....

If you recall that laser was stolen from me, and taken apart. It works, but I don't have a new key and push button for it, plus its a JETLASER