Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quick vid of my most powerful handheld (2.2W+)

Bounty

Out of pure curiosity i am searching for the most powerful 445 single diode laser ever recorded/created. I got a G1 lens of Jayrob arrived yesterday and the Saik is crafted by DTR. Heres a quick vid of me LPMing it. If anyone has or knows of any super handhelds please let me know.

Cheers!

You are at a good distance from the Sensor to get an accurate
Beam only reading...
Nice Job and one he!! of a powerful LD...

Jerry

Last edited:

Bounty

You are at a good distance from the Sensor to get an accurate
Beam only reading...
Nice Job and one he!! od a powerful LD...

Jerry

Thankyou!:) Although its all down to DTR building skills and jayrobs lens...i just got lucky :D

I believe the highest power 445 would have to be wannaburn's 3.5W build.

DrSid

Well that 3.5W is two diodes .. and we've seen even more diodes (not to talk about the original array from the projector with all 24 of them).

Bounty

Yeah, wannaburns has 2 diodes, i think i read somewhere here that someone has a 2.6W 445nm. I cant imagine how long the diodes life expectancy is.

You didn't specify 'single diode' when you asked. You specified 'handheld' :p And his is a handheld.

Bounty

You didn't specify 'single diode' when you asked. You specified 'handheld' :p And his is a handheld.

I did, not in the title but in the description its there...and i didnt just edit it in:na:

A double diode handheld would be far better for diode life im sure, im not expecting mine to last more than a few hours tops.:beer:

Helios

These 445nm diodes are so damned tough its unbelievable. Is there another diode out there that can take SO much abuse? You can give a 445nm 2A and it will be enough to stop it from lasing but STILL not cause damage as long as its short duration. Its funny to look back at old posts about the 445nm diodes. I read one where one poster said "That heatsink is big enough you might be able to run a 445 at 1.2W in it!" Now people run 2W in a hotlight host. Amazing.

You got a nice laser there. Do you notice a difference in brightness? I find I cannot tell a difference after about 1W its just always crazy bright.

Bounty

I remember reading some old posts on here about people saying how good it would be to be able to make affordable 445 handhelds with 1W+ power, wasnt even that long ago. Now it costs next to nothing.

I find the same thing with mine, when i first powered it on it didnt seem that much brighter compared to a 1.3W i have so i was pretty surprised how high it metered. Its just such a shame green lasers arent able to be so powerful and portable like the blues. Imagine how sweet a 2W+ 532nm would look in a little handheld:D

I have a single blue diode laser pushing 2.366.

wildlandspo.jpg

More shots of it at :http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-custom-focus-rings-any-build-52448-4.html

Last edited:

Bounty

Wow, that is nice! Could you post a pic of the laser? BTW, i like your case...is that a .38 i see?

DTR

Hey Bounty,

Glad you like it. 2.2W. Nice. Good to see it came out so well as I only had tested it with an Aixiz lens.:beer:

Wildlands,

Nice C88. I have one like that with the yellow trits as well. Definitely one of the most aggressive looking hosts out there with Pyro's focus adapter.:evil:

It really is neat to see units that I found and did the first reviews on being used so often with such awesome results.:beer:

Last edited:

Bounty

Those are nice little guns, i especially like the Sig p238 semi auto. Ive been looking at getting a little gun, was looking at a micro eagle, and that laser is beast. Ive seen a host like that before. To my knowledge your laser has the best diode 2366mW is pretty insane :D.

And DTR, for so long i wanted a 2W+ laser, ever since i saw a vid on the frankenstein a long time ago on youtube. Cheers again :beer:

Hey Bounty,

Glad you like it. 2.2W. Nice. Good to see it came out so well as I only had tested it with an Aixiz lens.:beer:

Wildlands,

Nice C88. I have one like that with the yellow trits as well. Definitely one of the most aggressive looking hosts out there with Pyro's focus adapter.:evil:

It really is neat to see units that I found and did the first reviews on being used so often with such awesome results.:beer:

DTR, I think I have repped you enough that I have been locked out for a bit. I am very grateful to your experiments that inspired these models, and you are the man, sir! You inspire excellence!

Bounty, I absolutely love the Sig. I started carrying an XD45 compact and soon realized that unless it was winter, there was no real easy way to conceal it, so now it sits at my bedside. I then got the SP101 as my daily carry and used that for a year, but a few months ago when the weather started changing and a couple situations arose where it became hard to obscure the heavy revolver, so I got the Sig. The Sig is so light (scandium frame) and so comfortable to carry that I can toss it in my shorts pocket and not even notice it all day long, even with a second mag. It is like a mini-1911 style and it is very, very comfortable to shoot with little recoil from the .380 round.

I have a lasermax recoil rod replacement for my XD45, and the crimson trace on the SP101. I like the lasers more as a last stop deterrent than as a shooting guide but for the Sig, I didn't want to add anything to make it heavier, so all it has is tritium night sights.

Last edited: