Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quick Review of Survival Lasers

I decided to order a 445nm laser this week. I'd been considering either Rayfoss or O-like, and had actually settled on O-like. Then they sold out of their 1.2W 445nm tactical.

So, now where to go? I'd seen a few reviews on the site about Survival Lasers, and had considered them, too. Honestly, the idea of putting my own laser together was slightly intimmidating considering getting one assembled and allegedly waterproof. The LPF discount code helped, but I was still wondering about my own ability. (I've got ADD, and my med for that makes me shakey.)

Then I saw a few reviews of the laser, how easy it is to assemble and, saw the LPF $190 special package...:thinking:

The thing that finally sold me was Gary's assistance. I sent him a few emails with questions about the laser, and he responded quickly. He helped me through the process, answering a few questions that I later found were already answered here. :whistle: Yeah, shoulda used that little search thingy a little more. ;)

Susie from O-like answered about two emails and put together a pretty sweet combo package for the same base price as the 445 tactical, but, after the 1.2W sold out, she didn't answer again. I'm glad. :D It's made it so I am now working with a person who not only knows lasers, but, seems to be willing to go the extra mile to help out the customer.

Anyway, laser is on the way. :drool: Ordered the $190 package. Already have safety goggles from Nova that will work well, so that pack really fit the need. (and yes, a 445 laser is a need. I think) Gary confirmed paymemt last night, and is shipping today. Will post a review of the laser once it gets here.

Last edited:

:gj:I've purchased two laser "Kits" from Gary in the past month. Like most of you, I've done the "China Thing" with mixed results. Survival Lasers has been the absolute BEST to deal with...by a mile! Email's to Gary were answered very quickly. I received both my lasers in four days!!!! The kit's are easy to assemble, thanks to well written instructions (with step by step pictures). I'm going to order a 445 soon. The quality product and the level of service are what has sold me. What a breath of fresh air!

You won't go wrong with Gary, he's a top drawer individual, with a top shelf company!:beer: