Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quick Question!!

Cel

Lol, it's funny how it's "military grade".

If you want cheap, and still overspec, go with this seller.

If you want better quality lasers, than be prepared to spend more money.

Is it possible to see the laser beam at night or darkness with a 5mW green laser pointer?

I just ordered this 5mW green laser pen from eBay and wanted to know if the Output power is guaranteed.

New 5mW Powerful Green Laser Pointer Pen Military Grade Light Beam 532nm Bright | eBay

What's the average price for a 5mw green laser pen like this?

Its more than likely overpowered most ebay pen style lasers are...

To answer your question; yes you can see the beam from a true 5 mW 532 when its dark.:beer:

Unless the seller guarantees the power level of his/her lasers, and you have a meter to verify it, there are no guarantees. Generally for cheapo Chinese green laser pens, they're over-spec for lower-powered lasers (e.g. that "5mW" laser above), and underspec for higher-power rated lasers ("Over 9000W laser!!!" or even "200mW laser!"). The latter often has lots of IR in its output too.

Buy from better quality sources, or just accept that random eBay sellers and/or this-week's-new-Chinese-laser-shop will have products of unknown quality.

Lol, it's funny how it's "military grade".
If you want cheap, and still overspec, go with this seller.

If you want better quality lasers, than be prepared to spend more money.

Gotta take a look at the seller's greenies and buy one unit. ;)
And Yeah, you're right about that, but unfortuanetly I can't purchase high powered lasers because many laser companies do not ship items to Dominican Republic, which is where I am living. ;(

Its more than likely overpowered most ebay pen style lasers are...
Yeah, I've heard most of their green pens are often over spec, and rarely underspec.
To answer your question; yes you can see the beam from a true 5 mW 532 when its dark.:beer:
That's amazing, Thanks! :) a Laser beam is the most amazing thing from a laser. ;P

Unless the seller guarantees the power level of his/her lasers, and you have a meter to verify it, there are no guarantees. Generally for cheapo Chinese green laser pens, they're over-spec for lower-powered lasers (e.g. that "5mW" laser above), and underspec for higher-power rated lasers ("Over 9000W laser!!!" or even "200mW laser!"). The latter often has lots of IR in its output too.

Buy from better quality sources, or just accept that random eBay sellers and/or this-week's-new-Chinese-laser-shop will have products of unknown quality.
Yeah, I'm kinda new to lasers, so I do not own any LPM's (Laser Power Meters)
I'd have to be aware of those cheap chinese lasers from ebay, which frequently are underspec or bad quality lasers.

Last edited: