Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quick question about power input.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is okay to combine 2 x 9volts into one power input to a switch. The switch then is connected to 4 leads which run to 4 drivers. Then each driver is connected to a sf aw210. I was wondering if I would be able to drive the diodes safely at 200mw with the 2 x 9 volts. I currently have four acrylic lenses in the modules. Because I am trying to reach a total of 800 to 1W when combined. Also will there be any increase in mw if they go through 2 glass lenses one magnifing glass and a glass AR collminating lens?

I need to know if the diodes will last if they can run at 200 mw in this setup for more than 50 hrs?

For 4 sf aw210 can I run them at 250mw each for more than 10hrs or is that too dangerous?

So many questions because I don't have experience with these diodes and I want to play it safe.

For visual reference I made a chart crude though it may be.

/---driver----diode---lens------\
9v-----\ /----driver----diode---lens--------\
=>-[ts]-< Lens==== collminating lens ----
9v-----/ \----driver----diode---lens--------/
\---driver----diode---lens-------/

Hansolo777;

With the SF-AW210 diode, 200mw should be ~180ma.

That is the maximum I would run them at,
& should give you your more than 50 hours of life.

On the battery question, most 9 volt batteries have insufficient current capacity to drive 2 BR diodes.

I would go to two #18650 batteries for more power.

They output 8.4 VDC, so the driver must operate with minimum voltage loss.

LarryDFW