Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quick green laser question?

What power am I looking at if I want a green laser with a visible beam when I shine it?

Is this power also enough to see the visible beam for a red or a blue?

5-30 mw of green will make you plenty happy :). I suggest getting one of swimmin's overspec lasers.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/s...erspec-5mw-greenie-shop-stock-sale-65618.html

660 red is pretty hard to see to be honest... much harder to see than blue or green. Blue on the otherhand will be beyond visible during daylight and lit rooms however it will run you at least 100$. (Remember sunlight will drown out lower powered lasers)

Best of wishes to you!
Jeff

Edit: If you choose to buy a blue laser... be prepared to pickup a pair of safety glasses. These 445 lasers run at a minimum of 200mw and up to >1W. Not something safe for your first laser.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips! (+rep)

I already have about a 25mW red, it doesn't show anything though, so that's why I was wondering. About the green though, I just wanted something that projected a visible beam lol (that, and i've never had a greenie before)

And about the blues, that's interesting.. I've heard of the diodes being able to possess that much power, and drivers specifically tailored for their current needs...but I've seen some 5mW advertised blue lasers (however, you're right about the price...)

Blue Laser Pointer 5mw 405nm

The link I posted will definitely satisfy your needs :)

However I am unsure about the laser you posted as I have never read anything about laserdiy. However just for the info, 405 is very deep purple. Its nowhere near blue and the beam will be even less visible than 660. I would stay away from that website if I were you. Now 445 lasers will be much brighter but do not come in low powers unless you want to pay a good buck. They are also multimode and the beam is rectangular. There are many sellers here that sell much better lasers at a modest price!