Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quick C3 question

I was just wondering if there are any physical differences between the Ultrafire C3 and the stainless steel version everyone seems to be using other than aluminium. In other words, could I use a Dark Horse heatsink in a vanilla C3 with extension tube? I would like to use regular NIMH AAs with a flexdrive and have the extension match the rest of the host ;)

daguin

I was just wondering if there are any physical differences between the Ultrafire C3 and the stainless steel version everyone seems to be using other than aluminium. In other words, could I use a Dark Horse heatsink in a vanilla C3 with extension tube? I would like to use regular NIMH AAs with a flexdrive and have the extension match the rest of the host ;)

I don't have both of them here, but I think they are close enough to use the parts. You may have to sand something down a bit, but that isn't hard.

In any event, go to both the pages in DX. The dimensions of the hosts are usually given. Are they the same or is there some significant difference?

Peace,
dave

The problem is DX only gives OD. I guess I'll have to be a ginea pig unless someone else chimes in. I have one on order, so when it comes I can post some ID measurements.
Meh, I'm fairly patient.