Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Questions on Envee 80mw...

Hi, i just recieved my envee 80 mw and i bought e2 lithiums for it as well. But I dont know if i got a dud or that the laser is doinbg what its suppose to do. I tried lighting matches and it wont, it wont cut electrical tape either, just smoke both of them. IS this what a 80 mw should do?

T

timelord

Don't tell me this is the company that Proctor endorsed to cheat the public into thinking that the last shipment was on genuine power spec ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)??????

TL, not that I have any love of Proctors LO support, someone could say the exact same about you and promoting DL, which in my opinion is far more dishonest than LO.

That said, the LO Envee lasers (also sold by novalasers under the Alpha name I believe), are very unstable and temperamental. I would test one one day and get 140mW, the next day it can't top 80mW, so I'm not such a big fan of those lasers anymore. I got a few from the manufacturer before LO or NL came about and was very enthusiastic at first, but the unpredictable output has left me sticking with other models.

T

timelord

pseudonomen137 said:
TL, not that I have any love of Proctors LO support, someone could say the exact same about you and promoting DL, which in my opinion is far more dishonest than LO.

That said, the LO Envee lasers (also sold by novalasers under the Alpha name I believe), are very unstable and temperamental. I would test one one day and get 140mW, the next day it can't top 80mW, so I'm not such a big fan of those lasers anymore. I got a few from the manufacturer before LO or NL came about and was very enthusiastic at first, but the unpredictable output has left me sticking with other models.
I'm stating a fact that was mentioned by him in this forum!!!!! I never lie and I don't promote any company :mad:

Bali --
Ignoring the war --- The above info posted about day to day output variance resembles what I had in my DX200. The tiny power switches in those modules have trouble with the current draw and sometimes add their own resistance into the circuit. Even 0.10 ohms makes a big difference.
Can you measure the current draw ?? Is it stable press to press --- day to day ??? I cleaned my switch with freon -- - OMG there goes the ozone hole !!!!

Mike

Sorry about that Balisong. I think we get our expectations too high from the videos on the web.

If you want to try cutting electrical tape, you need to stretch it as you laser it. If you just laser regular electrical tape, even a 1W laser would make slow progress actually cutting it. Stretch it out though and you should eventually shear through.

As for matches, its really hard to tell. 80mW isn't quite at the level where you should take them out easily, and it depends a lot on the match brand. Try rubbing them against the box a little, then color the head with sharpie and make sure both the laser and match are steady as you try lighting it.

Its entirely possible your laser is underpower, but from the symptoms you've stated so far, I see absolutely no reason to believe it is. If you really want to know for sure, if you're willing to cover 2-way shipping you can send it over here and I can make a power graph of the output for you.

Well, thanks everyone for the input. I come to realize that it should be in the right power range. I figured that the match brand would make the differnce seeing that i have possibly the worst type of matches. Although i didnt know you had to stretch out the tape, im gonna try it out. As for balloons I can pop red ones from 5 feet within 2 seconds easy so im not dissappointed. I am a noob so I guess I just was'nt sure about everything at first. Thanks.