Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Questions about 30mW laser security

The problem with Chinese greenies that are rated 5mw tend to be overspec

Way to neg rep me for neg repping you face it your giving out bad info that could harm some one

Last edited:

The problem with Chinese greenies that are rated 5mw tend to be overspec

Way to neg rep me for neg repping you face it your giving out bad info that could harm some one

T-Rex glasses are OKAY for <50mw. I was giving info out of my own experience, I neg rep'd you because you where quick to judge, and you didn't even bother asking my logic before doing so. If your going to be sneaky, don't think your gonna do it without bothering people. I don't like fighting on the forum's, but when people neg rep me because they are told something incorrect, then that's not my fault. Both of my eyes have 20/20 vision and I plan on keeping it that way.

But I'm basing it of of actual tests dude not what somoene thinks .7 od isn't good enough for a 50 mw

One question more, is that laser underpowered? For that power, and for using it carefulty, i wouldn't need goggles, would I?

One question more, is that laser underpowered? For that power, and for using it carefulty, i wouldn't need goggles, would I?

You need goggles for anything over 5mw, the legal limit in the U.S is 5mw because, it's the only amount that can be shot in the eye for a moment, and not cause damage, anything above 5mw, is very dangerous for your eye.

But i want to know if that laser is overpowered and is more than 5mW

Okay, I have the true 5mw, and i don't use glasses for it, mainly because I havn't had enough money to buy a real decent pair, but no you do not need it for a 5mw, and most likely it wont be overpowered, but if it is, then be safe with it.

Okay, so i'm shure, i'll buy the 5mW true green laser from dealExtreme, but i've heard the shipping is slow in dealextreme. Thank you for all the help:thanks:

Okay, so i'm shure, i'll buy the 5mW true green laser from dealExtreme, but i've heard the shipping is slow in dealextreme. Thank you for all the help:thanks:

I bought 2 of them, plus some other niknaks aswell. It took about 13-14 days after it shipped.