Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

QUESTION: Sanwu lasers "USB auto-spinning effect cap"

After a long pause in the hobby, I am back and looking at adding on the auto effect cap spinner for one of the basic lasers or bundle of them that sanwu offers

I am a little clueless about the spinning cap though.

Does it Spin while cycling through different effects or is there more operation to it ( ie press once to start spin, double press button to cycle to next pattern)? or does it come with 5 star caps and auto spin effect and then assemble them both onto laser?
If somebody owns these, please enlighten me! Really hoping that it has more function than a simple on/off button😅
Thank you!🥂

This is a relatively new offering by Sanwu. I don't know if any members here have actually purchased this feature yet. From what I've been able to ascertain, it is a double diffraction grating that spins against each other. The only new part of this is the automatic part as these have been around everywhere for a long time now. I don't think it is much more than it spins the grating instead of you doing it. It is not complex nor does it have other effects aside from this.

Ok i understand what you are saying about the double diffraction grating, thanks for that info :) The gif on the product page is still throwing me off though. https://www.sanwulasers.com/product/304

So maybe this gif thats posted on the product page for the 304 series is demonstrating that it also comes bundled with 5 star caps..
"auto spin effect cap" only 20$ to add on the 304 order but the bundle by itself(spin effect ca p, 5 caps) is $25. maybe it's more because it's not an add-on OR it's more because the add-on only includes spin effect cap.

This is why i'm confused lol. I think I'll just contact sanwu support and post an update here when this gets figured out!🥂

Edit: just realized the 5 caps effects look different then the gif... so that means you were saying that all those patterns in the gif come from the double diffraction grading that's spinning against each other?

Last edited:
Yeah, if I were contemplating buying this feature on a laser from Sanwu, I would contact them (podo) and ask every question that came to mind. I just don't know because it is not something I would ever spend $$$ for.

I'll talk to Podo thanks. You have a point there too, I should probably just be looking into laser shows instead since that's actually a real interest of mine and this product is more amateur and not hands on obviously(not saying it doesn't look super cool though :) )

Benm

I reckon it's just a grating that is spun by a motor.

These things have become somewhat popular as xmas decorations, painting your entire house in sparkly dots of light with such a construction mounted in the garden (waterproofded but otherwise similar). I think you can get them at most major home improvement stores, and perhaps upgrade the laser in them to something a bit more spectacular, though you should be careful as the most powerful beam coming through the gratings can carry quite a bit of the original laser power.

Wow, didn't know they had attachments like this. I haven't bought from Sanwu in awhile.