Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question concerning a DIY laby

jayrob

I like complex!
I'll wait for the Dr. advice (dr-ebert), the thing is I don't want to buy another fan, I would prefer using the 12 volt one, and building the converter to power it. It's not very complex...

Hey take a look at my tutorial for a TEC cooled portable 'labby' style build that I call my 'Ice Box'...

The fan and finned heatsink are out the bottom. The parts and everything are shown with links if you like it.

At the very least , it may give you some ideas... (it uses FlexDrives, so it is perfect for red or blu-ray) I have another one with DDL Drivers. My FlexDrive 'Ice Box' was my latest though...

See here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=37239
Jay

The cap would be connected as you wrote (like C3 in your circuit schematics, except over the input, not the output). However, as mentioned, this would depend on what kind of output your power supply delivers - if that already has a cap or even a voltage regulator, you wouldn't need it.