Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question about lenses and Aixiz modules.

I've used the search function couple of times before i posted this....

I was wondering how you change the lens on an aixiz lens mount. I dont see a way to open it or pop something out. The one on ebay is just a glass lens and no mount. So I'd need to swap the lens, at first I thought they'd send you a mounted lens.

If I was going to heat it... wouldn't it destroy the mount? I really don't understand how its done, even looking at the picture.

I have what I suspect to be an Aixiz focusing glass lens and finger grips. the unit looks like an aixiz, has a brass, black-colored lens tube, and has the yellow AR sheen to it, assuming AR at around 405.

So if it IS an aixiz, I'd be able to heat it up a little and unscrew the black threaded lens tube out of the silver, ribbed finger grip piece?

I have what I suspect to be an Aixiz focusing glass lens and finger grips. the unit looks like an aixiz, has a brass, black-colored lens tube, and has the yellow AR sheen to it, assuming AR at around 405.

So if it IS an aixiz, I'd be able to heat it up a little and unscrew the black threaded lens tube out of the silver, ribbed finger grip piece?

On the Aixiz standard glass lens, you should be able to hold the threaded assembly in a vise with 1/8" thick rubber around it, and unscrew the plated "focus ring".

Larry

Ok, so I am probably just not trying hard enough. Quick question on identifying the Aixiz standard glass lens assembly: Does it have an o-ring or o-ring groove right before the threads start below the plated "focus ring"? Mine came with an o-ring that I never noticed until today.

BTW, the source of this focusing lens is the o-like silver 2xAAA blu-ray pointers. It looked like an aixiz, and had an AR coating I assume for 405nm.

Edit: after digging a little, it looks like these lenses aren't the same as the Aixiz. http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/o-like-405nm-glass-lens-40417.html Apparently, the threaded lens barrel doesn't thread into the plated focus ring on this lens. As it turns out, the lens is AR coated, but not even half the increase in power compared to what you can find here at LPF. A reported 10% gain with an AW-210, but for only a few bucks more, one can purchase a much better lens. I still might use it if it screws into an Aixiz without bottoming out on the diode can.

Edit2: got my o-like apart, findings in the linked thread. Thanks for the help, Larry. For others wondering, use the same technique as the aixiz, except the barrel is press-fit instead of threaded, so it will screw out at its own pace.

Last edited: