Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question about lens and "leakage"

Sorry about all the questions but i'm trying to make sure I get this right. From what I've searched on the threads the lens module gets installed with the two notches facing away from the laser like this http://lazerer.com/image/data/Asscessory/LZCS-Case_2.jpg
However I see on other pages they show with the opposite side screwed into the lens like this http://lazerer.com/image/data/Asscessory/LZCS-Case_3.jpg
I have mine set up like the first picture which I'm pretty sure is right but just wanted to confirm.
On that note if that is correct my blue which is running at about 300mw looks perfect and I get a nice tight little dot at about 30ft but I put together my red and I get what I suppose I would call "leakage" where I'm seeing red on either side of the walls about a foot in front of me that kind of I guess you could say look like wings (sorry it's hard to describe and my connection is too slow to upload pictures). I'm using a spring for the red as I don't have any Teflon tape, could this be the problem? I'm sure I didn't screw anything up and it's driving me a little nuts but aside from the leakage I see it appears to be working just fine (I still have to cut the spring to size though).

The second picture in your original post is actually backwards, and wrong.

Jayrob reverses the lens nut when he makes his G-1/2 series lens, so that's also opposite of what the original, unmodified lens should be oriented.

In short, the two "cuts" which look like they're for a screw driver are facing outwards, in same direction as the beam. Flat end of the lens goes towards the diode.

Ok awsome thanks so much I just wanted to make sure I didn't mess anything up.