Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

question about lasers on airplanes.

I have purchased a 5mw core from WL. I may purchase more powerful lasers in the future so i have a question. How would you be able to take a laser overseas? Are their any restrictions?

T

timelord

I'd just pack them in your suitcase ;) Just don't take them in your hand luggage because of all this terrorist crap ;)

T

timelord

I never had a problem bringing them to Greece last year as well as bringing back a balisong knife home too ;)

Yah theres not too many restricions on what you can carry in luggage because you wont have access to them throughout the flight.

Now hand bags thats another story itself ;D You cant even bring liquid with you, not even a soda from mcdonads or somethin cause they think it could be some combustable liquid ;D You cant even carry fingernail clippirs because they usualy have a little metel file on them and they will think youl stab somone with them..

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

...lazer...

Switch

Timelord said:
I never had a problem bringing them to Greece last year as well as bringing back a balisong knife home too  ;)

I had to leave my balisong back in Greece this summer because I stabbed somebody in the leg....worst trip of my life(so far) :-/ Are you any good spinning those? ;D
Anyway to get back on topic, the customs officer didn't even check my ID card, not to mention check any luggage(we drove all the way to Greece).

im assuming your talking about pen sized cni pointers? that i spose u cud get away by hiding in the suitcase but what about more powerful units ie the RPL or even the herc?
i may be goin on a short trip somewhere in europe early next year but ias much as id love to, cant afford to take my RPL its far too precious to get confiscated so il b better off taking an X-45.

well now im talking bout 5mw pen sized laser pointer. But in the future i will be buying more powerful lasers. Im questioning about both.

EDIT: Lol! I said thanks in every post except the first and last ones! Man, I gotta read my previous posts before posting...

ALSO, how would an x25 bear on an airplane? Has anyone ever taken a powerful laser overseas?