Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question about EaglePair glasses

btc5

I bought EaglePair glasses for 800-2000nm but using IR laser I can see red dot output. Are these OK or fake? :wtf:

btc5

I bought them here from LPF user. In front they have written wavelength and CE and OD4+ mark.

Are you sure they are meant for 800-2000nm?

Ask DJNY directly, he is a member here, and is very knowledgeable. He wouldn't mislead you.

btc5

Well, I would like to know answers from other sources also.

Glasses I purchased have written wavelength for 190-450 & 800-2000 nm.

So I wonder if it is right that red dot from infrared laser is still visible using them.
As red is about 650nm I may assume it is all right for them to pass this color, but I want to make sure.

Last edited:

DJNY

The goggles the guy purchased from me are these:

They were tested, very quality goggles.

Btc5, post some details about the laser you´re using this goggles for and we go on from there.

Are you seeing a spot on something, say a wall, when you put the glasses between the laser and the wall or are you seeing a spot on the lens?

I'm not certain but I think at least some Eagle Pair glasses use reflective coatings to reflect laser light instead of absorbing it. I have a pair for my reds that the one time I took a direct shot from my ~190mw 660 I saw a very bright spot on the lens which scared the crap out of me. Some testing with my LPM after I calmed down confirmed that they prevented all of the laser light from passing through the lens. In all tests the LPM dropped to 0mw with the glasses between its sensor and the laser.