Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question about dry ice for beam shots...

**Edited the title to better reflect the question at hand ;)**

Ok... so for beam shots... I've seen people use cigarette smoke and then lots of people use fog machines (or something that can use the fog juice... as sdfrycz did by putting it in an iron)... but my question was this... would doing the classic dry ice fog effect be just as effective? or would something about it not work so well for showing off the beam? Just a random thought that went through my head :D

myles

Re: Alternative to fog machine?

ArdvarkOfDoom said:
Ok... so for beam shots... I've seen people use cigarette smoke and then lots of people use fog machines (or something that can use the fog juice... as sdfrycz did by putting it in an iron)... but my question was this... would doing the classic dry ice fog effect be just as effective? or would something about it not work so well for showing off the beam?  Just a random thought that went through my head :D

i imagine it would work but the fog usually evaporates very quickly

I have some alternatives in my guide. It's stickied in the Lasers > General section (this one)

Yeah I saw that... was just curious since I didn't see it on the list nor heard anyone talking about it... was just wondering if there was some negative effect about it for lasers... I really don't have any think more than a simple small crappy pointer at the moment so I didn't figure that it'd do it justice to try it.

Actually it works reasonably well - but as it sinks to the lowest point you need to have your laser down on the floor (or a table top) to get the beam in the vapors. As long as you have good ventilation it's safe - but in a small closed room the vapors can build up and in extreme cases cause suffocation. But you'd really have to fill a tightly closed room to run that risk....anyway here are some pics:

d3c.jpg

7c6.jpg

0c8.jpg

Thanks for the pics :) Yeah I figured that it would only work on the floor or table top... but that'd work good for some situations. Was just wondering how feasible that it'd be :cool: