Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question about 2 part shipping from O-like

Br553

I recently ordered one of the new style 200mw reds from O-like and requested the batteries to be shipped separately from the laser. I received the laser today but have not yet received the batteries and tailcap. I was curious what the typical timeframe is to receive the second part of an order after receiving the first part. The response from O-like is not very clear, possibly due to the translation program being used. I did a search on the forum for "o-like shipping, separate shipping, separate, etc. but could not find a definate answer.

Most people have the endcap show up a few days after. 3-4 days would be my best bet.

whats 2 part shipping for?

With the batteries and tail cap missing, the remainder of the laser can essentially be considered a "module" which is not governed by the FDA laser pointer rules for importing into the country. It's a simple way to bypass customs confiscation.

According to my experience of sending items to customers, there may be a delay for different parts of a order if you asked for partial shipment or separately shipment. Don't worry, your items will arrivel

I have a quick question about the shipping from O-like as well.....It's kind of sad that I have to try to get info here, as I have contacted O-like TWO times with question on their shipping and still NO REPLY!
I ordered a red from them a while back and as I figured, It Took Forever! This time I was thinking of the DHL faster shipping. First I would ask if anyone in the US has used this and seen that it is indeed faster? Also they still have shipping in the order form...flat rate...."best way"...and, per item..."best way". The first being $8 and second $28. They
really couldn't make this much more vague! So now with the $15 DHL I guess I just pick the added $8 "best way" whatever that is.
If anyone can shed some light on their own experience here I would appriciate it!
Thanks

With the batteries and tail cap missing, the remainder of the laser can essentially be considered a "module" which is not governed by the FDA laser pointer rules for importing into the country. It's a simple way to bypass customs confiscation.

It's actually just so they can't test it if they decided to.

Br553

I have a quick question about the shipping from O-like as well.....It's kind of sad that I have to try to get info here, as I have contacted O-like TWO times with question on their shipping and still NO REPLY!
I ordered a red from them a while back and as I figured, It Took Forever! This time I was thinking of the DHL faster shipping. First I would ask if anyone in the US has used this and seen that it is indeed faster? Also they still have shipping in the order form...flat rate...."best way"...and, per item..."best way". The first being $8 and second $28. They
really couldn't make this much more vague! So now with the $15 DHL I guess I just pick the added $8 "best way" whatever that is.
If anyone can shed some light on their own experience here I would appriciate it!
Thanks

I did not use the DHL shipping option, but if you wanted to use DHL, the option is listed in their "Accessories" section, I believe.

Br553

Sorry, didn't mean to step on your toes. Since I was the one that started the thread and It sounded like you were asking how to do DHL shipping, I decided to answer.

I dont mean to jump you either.....I saw the option for DHL, but on the next 'order page' you are then given the option of two other shipping....I guess I'll just do the DHL and then the lower $8 "best way".....I think it would be less confusing if they put the DHL in the shipping area instead of having it added to your order as an 'item'.

Br553

I agree, it's definately confusing. I wonder if after using the DHL option, if the next shipping screen is simply meant to choose the order to be shipped as one piece or 2 parts perhaps with no additional charge? I suppose if one were able to read the website in the original Chinese instead of the translated version it might make a bit more sense maybe. If it were me, I would email susie if you hadn't already.

Last edited: