Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question about 1000mw blue laser pointer

askingquestion5

If i shoot my 1W 450nm blue laser pointer at the sky from my room, will the beam be so bright that people who for example are walking in the street, will see the beam from side and get scared and catch their attention to the beam?

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I would definitely not recommend doing that. Depending on what country you're in you may also have the Feds bust your door down and fire beanbag rounds into your groin. Seriously though it's not a good idea and be sure to know all your local laws. Where I live any use of lasers over 1mW outdoors within 10km of an airport is a huge no-no. Even if it is legal in your area it could well alarm people and cause a problem. Also it is your responsibility to check for aircraft and make sure your beams never go anywhere near them.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I dont even have to guess that this is a troll... banned.

The 455nm and 450nm blue lasers aren't as visible as the green ones are. My 2 watt 455nm laser isn't that bright, but my 532nm and my 520nm >1 watt lasers are extremely bright outside.