Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quality 18650 Batteries?

AFAIK, AW and Redilast are the only two who have actually started pairing new, quality cells with a protection circuit. LarryDFW "only" sells unprotected cells. Of course, with Larry's cells, you actually get what you pay for instead of the CatchFire brands that have horrendously low capacity, extremely high resistance, or just plain ol' internal shorts. I don't know about you, but I've never heard of Tenergy or Soshine supplying cells to big name manufacturers. Sanyo, on the other hand, are well known and well-renowned. You find Sanyo cells in just about anything you can imagine, from laptops to power tools. I haven't heard many reports of powertools or laptops exploding (at least, not recently... I remember when Sony had a bad batch of LiCo's, and were Dell's supplier for cells in their laptops; heck, I probably still have a cell from the affected batch :p)

This reply is getting longer than I intended. Basically, nothing against China, but stay away from "china brands" when it comes to batteries. Can't go wrong with Sanyo, and AW and Redilast have a nice 2900mAh cell too (although they are protected, so a few mm longer and possible current restrictions. Noted AW opted for the lower, safer cutoff value, while Redilast chose a higher but still within spec value. Again, here I go droning off into forever.)