Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PUZZLE

I have seen this one with two slightly different 'questions'.

I know both...do you??

Which locks open 'everything.'
or
which lock or locks allow access to the hitch.
we dont know if all locks are keyed the same?.., or what is meant by 'opens' or 'everything'

Last edited:

agree
and Ctrl + makes it bigger but poor res,,, sry

feel free to post one bigger--thx

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
To me, it looks like locks 3,4,5 & 6 basically are doing nothing, they seem to only be attached to each other only by those plates and look like they could just be slid off that bottom pin without being unlocked.

Then the vertical hitch pin could be lifted up and out of the receiver without removing and unlocking locks 1 & 2.

So, maybe no locks need to be unlocked to access the hitch?

^^^This was my guess before I saw BowtieGuy's post. Can't see any use at all for locks 3 through 6. Slide off the plates, remove the pin and there you are.

This set-up allows anyone with a key access to using the trailer (or whatever that hitch is on.)
Any lock opened allows the entire 'lock-out' to be removed.
however when I see 'opens everything' that MIGHT also mean opening each lock. So a key for each would be needed.
I have seen two versions of this puzzle--
with this set of locks (assuming each lock needs a diff. key---instead of all locks using same key)

Unlocking 1 or 2 allows the main shaft to drop down.
opening any others allows the shaft to be lifted up and off ... thus freeing the hitch.
This allows anyone with a working key the ability to use the hitch/trailer.

i could be wrong,,,,, but i dont think so...

any 'key holder' can use the hitch.

I think each lock would need it's own key to open the locks --if all locks use the same key the purpose of this set-up makes no sense.

but once any lock is opened the hitch can be used. If I am wrong.... I see no need for any extra locks. Surely each lock needss a diff key.

Last edited: