Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Push back in the top of the laser after it popped out.

Lumijek

I got my new assassin laser yesterday... already broke it. I don't really know when or how but the top of the laser(lens barrel?) got pushed out. I was wondering to fix it. Here is how the laser is supposed to look like:

ejemplos.jpeg

Here is how mine looks like:
image1.jpegimage2.jpeg

I circled the part that is supposed to be inside the laser green. Any ideas on how I can fix this.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
If yours is the 303 (focusable) style, you may have just unscrewed the focus adjuster all the way, and then the knurled knob may have screwed off.
Try to screw the focus knob back on and then keep turning to see if the extended part (circled in green) goes back in to the body of the laser.

You may just try to turn the extended part in (clockwise) without putting the knob back on; if it screws in you can then add the adjusting knob.

Lumijek

If yours is the 303 (focusable) style, you may have just unscrewed the focus adjuster all the way, and then the knurled knob may have screwed off.
Try to screw the focus knob back on and then keep turning to see if the extended part (circled in green) goes back in to the body of the laser.

You may just try to turn the extended part in (clockwise) without putting the knob back on; if it screws in you can then add the adjusting knob.
this didn't work... any other suggestions? This is my first laser so don't flame me if this is a terrible idea but could I put oil and try to slide it in AFTER removing the laser from the lens?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I personally wouldn't put any lubricant on it. How did it come out, did it just slide out by itself, if so, it should push right back in. :unsure:

I have to agree with Encap, contact the seller and return it as defective.

Edit: Does the laser still work?

Lumijek

I personally wouldn't put any lubricant on it. How did it come out, did it just slide out by itself, if so, it should push right back in. :unsure:

I have to agree with Encap, contact the seller and return it as defective.

Edit: Does the laser still work?
I honestly don't know how it came out. I was just doing some tests and I went to bed(at around 2 a.m.) I guess I was so sleepy I didn't realize when it happened but when I woke up the next morning it was just out. Now the laser can't change focus and it's stuck on one. Also the divergence is way way way higher that it was the night before. Also I tried pushing it in with all my might and nothing happened. I am to afraid to use a hammer before contacting the seller but if he refused I guess I might have to.

GSS

LIke Bowtie, mentioned that is how the part you circled will look when you totally unscrew the focus cap. It was probably very tight and hard to take off the knurled focus cap at that point if i'm correct. Unless you striped the threads the focus cap should should screw back on and it will take a tiny tiny bit of more effort to turn it so that "circled" part will screw right back into the host..
Now if you took more of the host apart below that point you could of exposed the colliminating lens and broke it off??

Last edited:
These 532nm DPSS lasers are the least expensive ones on eBay. You can buy one for as little as $6.00 without batteries or charger. It might be time to just buy a new one.

GSS

Yup can't go wrong for $6.
Paul just to know I bought just one more thinking the trend of them coming in stronger lately that was mentioned on some other thread..
It only does around 70mw average, I took the 50% 50% chance of getting a strong one on a silver hosted one. :whistle:
This one also does around 70mw..

Yeah, I would be very surprised to get one over 100 mW. My experience with these are they come in at 80 mW at maximum, but it has been at least a year since I have purchased one.

GSS

Another silly little tid bit,
My old ones have a momentary button that was actually anodized aluminum that I found cool for such a cheap laser,
this new one's button is plastic. In the big scope of things I bet making them plastic saved $1000's in the 100 million units made :whistle:

Last edited: