Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pulsar 150 Military Edition Problems

buko

Some time ago I bought a WL P150 the old school silver 2-piece. After about five and a half months it stopped workin, and I was lucky enough to have it returned for a new one. I ended up getting a P150 Military editon black with the single piece design. Right off the bat I remember everyone was having problems with them. To start the aperature hole was to small and everyone was drilling them out, they were underpowered, and the contact inside was horrible on alot of them. They even have a stickied guide to modifying your Military Pulsar to work properly. I ended up scratching up my lens taking the aperature cap off and stopped right there. I had gadget work on a couple of my lasers before but this time he said he wasnt working on laser pointers for a while. I dont really want to mess with it myself, and end up ruining it. Is there anyone you guys can reccommend to work on the laser for me? Any advice would be cool actually, its tough to find topics on this laser, other than that guide on LC. Thanks in advance,
-Buko

Kenom

If you have scratched the lens itself I donno how easy it will be to get the same lens for replacement. It might behoove you to just send it back to Wicked and see if they can fix the lens. As far as other repairs and whatnot Senkat is a good choice. I also might be able to fix some things but without seeing the inside I've no clue what I can or cannot do.

S

SenKat

Kenom said:
If you have scratched the lens itself I donno how easy it will be to get the same lens for replacement.  It might behoove you to just send it back to Wicked and see if they can fix the lens.  As far as other repairs and whatnot Senkat is a good choice.  I also might be able to fix some things but without seeing the inside I've no clue what I can or cannot do.

Wicked uses a standardized Aixiz type housing - the walls are just a little bit thicker on the Wicked housing though, so it fits nice and snug in the body tube of the pulsar.

buko

The lens is roughed up a lil bit. Oh by the way senkat, when I ship it out and you recieve it. The lens is tacked down I believe so it cant move. Wait till you see how bad the dot size is. I guess it was acceptable for them. Wicked hasnt treated me bad neccessarly, but im done dealing with them. Thanks a ton guys for your help, I should be sending it to Senkat for work this week.
-Buko