Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PT-30k scanhead orientation

This question probably has a very simple answer and will most assuredly betray my extreme ignorance, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Does anyone know how to mount the scanheads from pt-30k scanners into the mount? Does the orientation (angle) even matter, or is the angle offset something that is set in software later? The scanhead marked "X" goes on the bottom correct? Sorry if this information is readily available elsewhere. The manual wasn't very helpful in regard to this question. Thanks in advance.

X on the bottom, each mirror should be polished side forward, at a 45 degree angle relative to the baseplate. Like this:

l.jpg

Source: http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/44/0348a20545564e44ae059ad69d77ecf6/l.jpg

The beam comes in from the right, strikes the bottom mirror first, gets reflected onto the top mirror where it then gets reflected out of the projector.

Last edited:
Hello! friends.

Is it completely necessary that the mirrors are at 45º with the base?
What is the problem if the mirrors are not at 45º... does it lose brightness or does it deform the projection?
Mirror "Y", should it also be at 45º?

Best Regards.
Juanma.

Last edited:
If you visualize the beam as it enters from the right, you'll see that the angle is necessary to direct the beam correctly. Any significant deviation from these angles will result in lowered brightness and distortion of the beam.

Very grateful for the help and for the explanation.

I will try to put some images this weekend, so that sees like the project advances.

Best regards.
Juanma.