Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

psoriasis light therapy using UVB rays

I have recently read articles about UVB therapy on patients with psoriasis. Anyone know if laser pointers emit these types of rays? If not, perhaps certain flashlights or other items that emit UVB can be easily purchased at any local store? :thanks: in advance

DrSid

This kind of treatment is rather common, at least here in Czech Republic. Normal tanning machines are used for that purpose. 405nm and 445nm lasers are simple and affordable and acts similar to UV .. it's effect in this case however is unknown to me.

Edit: I almost forgot ! There are UV Led lamps .. much cheaper then lasers, shorter wavelengths, and even more power.

Last edited:
From the wikipedia page "Wavelengths of 311–313 nm are most effective." There are no LEDs or lasers near this range (at least not with a practical price tag). Stick to sunlight or tanning beds.

Yep, not even a N2 laser or tripled YAG will get down that low. One day we'll have some awesome UV diodes to play with, but certainly not yet.