Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PS3 sled markings

in my ps3 laser i have red line, what was the peak and safest mA for that and what mW?

in my ps3 laser i have red line, what was the peak and safest mA for that

Using the 7805 driver 22ohm worked with the red marked one I had.... That gave lase point +10ma....and to be honest that is what you should do, I set all of my drivers up the same to start with, using a standard load (100ohms), but indivdual testing shows up how different to each other they can be......

Regards rog8811

hey rog when i use 7805 driver do i need to put 100ohms trimpot or a fix resistor value? is 2pcs 3.6v RCR123A is enough to run the LG 6x BR burner LD using 7805 driver to reach the maximum output safe level?

awirq

Hey Guys , I have the PS3 sled , and I still didn't remove the diode to know if there is a marking , but I want to know what parts is used on the Regulator Drive? and the 7805 is it the same as the LM317T?
and What kind of Resistor and Cap and other things I need to use?

Thanks ,
Awf

hey rog when i use 7805 driver do i need to put 100ohms trimpot or a fix resistor value? is 2pcs 3.6v RCR123A is enough to run the LG 6x BR burner LD using 7805 driver to reach the maximum output safe level?

I am not the right person to ask on this as I only use the 7805 with blue rays, I would seriously suggest using the LM317 for reds as they are lower voltage and you can use the LM in constant current mode.

Hey Guys , I have the PS3 sled , and I still didn't remove the diode to know if there is a marking , but I want to know what parts is used on the Regulator Drive? and the 7805 is it the same as the LM317T?
and What kind of Resistor and Cap and other things I need to use?

Answered in PM but here is a circuit diagram, I didn't put the reverse diode in my builds as there was not enough room. The 22ohm resistor is what most blue rays seem to need, it is always best to put a pot in the circuit and find the correct resistor value by testing.

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• blue_driver_small01_002.jpg
    blue_driver_small01_002.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,367

awirq

Thanks Rog

What is that black thing ?
Is that resistor 22ohm or what?
Is that capacitor "10mf 16v" ?
Where i can get the black thing that got three pins? (circuled in red)
Can I use a differant kind of drive board?

Thanks ,
Awf

jmgallego said:
Thanks for taking the time to check them up... any difference in the mW's?

I think I got one of the low-extra-low power ones  :'( .  It had the red mark on it. Rkcstr has genoursly been helping me trying to figure out what is happening with this one   :).  I am getting a few extra parts today to test the diode.

But I got to tell you, it was very dissapointing to see how low is the output.