Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Proper 16340 Batteries for my 445nm 4W Laser

Sta

Hey Sta, so basically I'm pretty set on the PL-E Pro 465nm 3.5W. It was between that one and the SanWu Striker 465nm 4W.
I think JL seems like a super trustworthy and reliable company and I really have alot of respect for Gray, the owner. PLus the PL-E Pro
seems to be alot more popular and I haven't found a single customer who hasn't raved about JT.

Anyway, back to the expander and lens, what is the G2 and G7 lens and why are they so popular? Are there other ens out there that may be better than those?

Well first things first, I don't know what kind of lens the PL-E Pro 465 uses. Considering that it's JL, they probably use one of their own proprietary lenses to which we don't have access.

There are three main types of laser lenses available to hobbyists:
3-element: Best divergence, but at the cost of ~20% of the laser's power.
G7: Same divergence as 3-element, but lets more power through.
G2: Much worse divergence than 3-element or G7, but lets almost all power through.

You don't really have much choice other than those.

Just remember that with the PL-E Pro you will have to use 26350 batteries as we discussed before.

You may want to wait it out for a few days so you can make your final decision. But I think that the PL-E Pro 465 is an excellent choice.

:beer:

Oh ok so the G7 lens in a no brainer. That also makes it alot more simple than if there were lots of different lens like I thought there were.

I was actually reading a post about the PL-E Pro 465nm and the guy said he talked the Gray about adding a G7 lens and he did in fact add it
so I will ask Gray to add that to mine. How much power loss are we talking about with the G7 lens? (if the starting power is 3.5W)

Last edited:

Sta

Oh ok so the G7 lens in a no brainer. That also makes it alot more simple than if there were lots of different lens like I thought there were.

I was actually reading a post about the PL-E Pro 465nm and the guy said he talked the Gray about adding a G7 lens and he did in fact add it
so I will ask Gray to add that to mine. How much power loss are we talking about with the G7 lens? (if the starting power is 3.5W)

Thanks for reminding me of that post, I forgot about that detail.
Based on that information, it seems likely that JL's default lens is a 3-element lens (= less power.) So you won't be getting power loss, actually quite the opposite. It'll probably end up between 3.75W-4.25W.

:D

Oh wow, I love more power so that makes me very happy to here that haha.

One this that Gray said when we were going back and forth with emails was that in order to get the 3.5W the batteries both have to be 4.1V+.
Any lower and the laser wont be performing at peak potential....

Sta

Oh wow, I love more power so that makes me very happy to here that haha.

One this that Gray said when we were going back and forth with emails was that in order to get the 3.5W the batteries both have to be 4.1V+.
Any lower and the laser wont be performing at peak potential....

There are 4.35V 18650s available, for example the LG E1. I use them in my 589. But of course the drawbacks will be increased host length and less total capacity (relative to a 2x26650 configuration.)

joeyss

There are 4.35V 18650s available, for example the LG E1. I use them in my 589. But of course the drawbacks will be increased host length and less total capacity (relative to a 2x26650 configuration.)

do they give your yellow any more power?